Yellow Tail Wines

flyin lizard

Just read this in the outdoor column of our local paper ,Poughkeepsie Journal, on page 6c. www.poughkeepsiejournal.com
It seems that the Casella Wines of Australia, owned by the Casella family and producer of Yellow Tail wine has joined up with the Humane Society of the United States and made a donation of 100,000.00 . The United States Sportsmen Alliance heard about this and would like the sporting community to be aware of this action and to send the message that we do not approve of there support of a group that wishes to outlaw hunting,fishing and trapping in this country. The U.S. importer of yellowtail is W.J. Deutsch &Sons LTD and we as sportsman should inform them that we will not purchase yellow tail.
They can be reached at 108 Corporate Park Dr. White Plains N Y 10604
by phone 914-251-9463 and
by e-mail .. [email protected]

Here is the e-mail I sent.

To whom it may concern:

We have just learned of your support to Humane Society of the United States for their anti hunting , fishing, trapping and anti sportsman agenda in the USA. From now on there will be no more of your wine allowed in our home, or at our tables, and this goes for our entire family.

Also we will spread this info to all our acquaintenances.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brozovich and Family ex- Yellow Tail Customers.

It is pretty good tasting wine. I think we have several bottles of it at the moment.

We got these two sisters from the Humane Society when they were just six weeks old. They are nine or ten years old now

P1010210.jpg

P1010209.jpg

Here is the response I received from Yellow Tail wines today:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Derek:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am writing to thank you for your feedback regarding our [tails] for tails program. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The spirit and intention of our donation to the Humane Society of the United States was for the celebration of animals. Being farmers ourselves we support those who care for their land and their environment, just as we do. We are proud of our rural heritage and value a solid relationship with agricultural communities around the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][yellow tail] is committed to the plight of animals in need, and we know that animal welfare groups work in different ways to advance their cause. We are interested in the welfare of animals, and in financially supporting animal welfare causes that provide direct care services to help animals, not on taking positions on any animal lobbying issues. We pledge to you that any future support for animal welfare will go to organizations specifically devoted to hands-on care, such as rescue, sterilization, feeding, or disaster assistance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Like the wines we produce, we are friendly Australians who enjoy bringing people together, and look forward to doing so through our annual spring and summer promotional campaign "[tails] around the barbecue" and our "holiday enter[tail]ing" campaign. We very much value your opinion and wish to thank-you for your honesty. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][yellow tail] customer Service Team [/FONT]

The HSUS is in no way affiliated with your local Humane Society. The HSUS doesn't operate a single shelter, anywhere.

I didn't believe you so I went and checked and there is no link between the local Humane Society website and the HSUS.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts