Year in review (:>)

elkaholic

I would like to thank ALL of you for a great year of discussion on topics that we all love. I have learned a lot, and hopefully have added a little something worthwhile to boot. We are still blessed beyond compare in this country and are YET able to share and participate in our God given rights! A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE!
John 3:17 God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that thru his Son the world would be saved!:D:D:D

I can't agree with more Elk. the past year has basically been a good one, my first as a retiree from driving the UPS truck. I have learned a ton from this site and am waiting for a new barrel for my savage 300wsm to show up any day now . Did my first bedding job on my 22-250 and it made the gun even better.

Merry Christmas and happy everything else to all .
Paul

Hard to believe another year is gone. The older we get the faster they go by.

This has been a very good year for learning.

I went on my first elk hunt. My brother drew a tag for the northeastern California archery hunt. What an experience. Pretty amazing hunt. He shot a really nice 5x5 out of a tree stand and it was his first big game animal with a bow. Pretty good start. None of the bulls were bugling and it made it really tough. Pretty amazing how many are in the area and all you see is tracks. I didn't see a single elk in 8 days but we got some really nice trail cam pictures.

I have been practicing a lot with my 7WSM and I can readily hit a pie plate at 800 yards. This gun really shoots and it makes shooting long range a lot of fun. Another Savage fan.

Elkaholic was right it has been a great learning year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.