Yankee Hill Machine Resonator R2

As

Hey Folks! Anybody have experience(s) with this particular suppressor? I've got one on the way to my dealer where it will sit "in jail" at the mercy of the new eFiling system. I bought it specifically for my .300 Win Mag, but just might have to get a .300 B.O. and run subsonic's through it just for the fun factor. 😉 Thanks folks 👍.
Asking AFTER YOU BOUGHT it is like closing the gate after the cattle have gotten out!😅

🤣😂 Yeah, kind of. I did as much 'homework' as my anxiety level would allow and went ahead and pulled the trigger before checking with the 'brain trust'. Now, I'm bored…😇
I was thinking of PM- ing a half dozen of the fellas to all say what a total piece of junk it was....then come back in a week and say JUST KIDDING!

It's a little heavy and long but it does it's job. There are definitely other cans with a little more upside, but they also cost more. YHM in general provide a great value… in my opinion.

View attachment 348941

It will be dedicated to this rifle….which is heavy as all get out anyways….and only shot from the prone position. Additional weight won't make any difference to me at all. Ended up getting it for $589.00 at Silencer Shop which I thought was fairly decent.
If you think yours is heavy at 16 ozs (unless I misread it), my Eliteiron Bravo SD for my .30 LARA is 29 ozs, and my Rex Silentium MG10 Ultra .338 for my upcoming build is 19.8 ozs. When it comes to recoil, weight is your friend. Also, don't be too hard on yourself for jumping the gun on your choice, there is nothing with it, and I assure you it will not be your last.

If you think yours is heavy at 16 ozs (unless I misread it), my Eliteiron Bravo SD for my .30 LARA is 29 ozs, and my Rex Silentium MG10 Ultra .338 for my upcoming build is 19.8 ozs. When it comes to recoil, weight is your friend.
Oh, I was referring to my "heavy as all get out" rifle. (I should've been a little clearer) 😁 That thing weighs @ 15.75 lbs IIRC. Another 16 oz wouldn't bother me a bit as I only shoot that particular rifle from the prone position. 👍

Also, don't be too hard on yourself for jumping the gun on your choice, there is nothing with it, and I assure you it will not be your last.
Roger that, Sir. 👍 I just went by what I had read, but admittedly the price point was a key factor in the decision. I'm sure this particular piece of the "pie" will be as addicting for me as all the others have been. I'm doomed..😵‍💫

Last edited:
Oh, I was referring to my "heavy as all get out" rifle. (I should've been a little clearer) 😁 That thing weighs @ 15.75 lbs IIRC. Another 16 oz wouldn't bother me a bit as I only shoot that particular rifle from the prone position. 👍

Roger that, Sir. 👍 I just went by what I had read, but admittedly the price point was a key factor in the decision. I'm sure this particular piece of the "pie" will be as addicting for me as all the others have been. I'm doomed..😵‍💫
I was aware of your build; I was trying to reassure your vote of confidence despite others commenting about your suppressor of choice being heavy. You got me beat then; mine is 15.5 lbs suppressed. You know your ladies would want their own, so yes, you are doomed, in a good way - NFA Family Trust.

was trying to reassure your vote of confidence despite others commenting about your suppressor of choice being heavy.
Understood "5 X 5" 👍

You know your ladies would want their own, so yes, you are doomed, in a good way - NFA Family Trust.
Will certainly be interesting to see if this causes them to want to shoot more. Typically they tend to give a 'wide berth' to this sort of thing. 😐

I've had a YHM Resonator for a couple of years. Works great but I don't have anything else to compare it with. Use it on a 6.5 CM and a 10.5" barreled 300 BLK. On the BLK with subs my buddy says it's "movie quiet".