Yankee Hill Machine Resonator R2

Deputy819

Hey Folks! Anybody have experience(s) with this particular suppressor? I've got one on the way to my dealer where it will sit "in jail" at the mercy of the new eFiling system. I bought it specifically for my .300 Win Mag, but just might have to get a .300 B.O. and run subsonic's through it just for the fun factor. 😉 Thanks folks 👍.

The Resonator R2 was on my short list; I wanted a 30 cal can with a quick detach for hunting. I ended up going with a TB cb Ultra 7, mainly because it was in stock and filled that perceived gap. It would have been very tough if both were in stock. I've heard that the Resonator R2 is one of the quietest cans. I know....it's an addiction.

The TB has been in jail since June if I remember right. At some point I'm going to get a bunch of local suppressor owners together to do our own side by side tests. A lot of folks say the one they have is the best, until they get into the serious stamp collecting level. I have watched a bunch of video field tests of course. I have an AAC Cyclone which is a big/heavy, very quiet, direct thread 30 can; I absolutely love it.

but just might have to get a .300 B.O. and run subsonic's through it just for the fun factor. 😉 Thanks folks 👍.
demanding do it GIF

sith GIF

300 BO in a bolt is about the most fun you can have while being actually Hollywood Quiet.

It would appear in this particular test the Resonator ranked #1 in db drop (.308/Sound Reduction Chart).

I believe that I had seen that test. There are many aspects to each test: location of meter relative to shot, caliber and load used, perceived volume, tone, etc.

I have one. It is HEAVY and LONG compaired to four other suppressors i own. As far as noise suppression i can't tell that it works any better than the others which were half the cost of YHM. It was this second and last YHM i will own. MY first YHM titanium suppressor blew out the side where the brand were stamped in it. YHM warranted the suppressor and replaced it with the Resonator 2.

As far as noise suppression i can't tell that it works any better than the others which were half the cost of YHM. It was this second and last YHM i will own.
Appreciate your response and that 'side' of the equation as well. What were the "others" you were running at "half the cost of YHM"? This is my first suppressor purchase and thought the YHM was a pretty good value. Maybe I didn't look long/hard enough. 😇

Appreciate your response and that 'side' of the equation as well. What were the "others" you were running at "half the cost of YHM"? This is my first suppressor purchase and thought the YHM was a pretty good value. Maybe I didn't look long/hard enough. 😇
Deputy819,
I purchased Rex Silentium for $350 to $400 each. They probably have gone up in price since i purchased mine. Have a 6mm, 6.5mm and two 30 cal suppressors. My YHM titanium cost $1100 ten years ago.

https://rexsilentium.com/

I have one and I really like it. It is a little heavier but anything you throw on the end of a 26" barrel makes it feel heavy. I don't personally own another 30 cal suppressor but I have shot a TBAC 7 and also an Energetic Armament Vox S. I couldn't tell a difference in sound reduction between the 3 of them because they are all good. The TBAC is the lightest but also the most expensive. I picked up my YHM for $550 so you could say it's the best bang for your buck.
I have a 6.5 Needmoor with a 18" barrel that I use for stalking the hills in PA. I don't really notice the extra weight on that rifle. My PRC has a 24" barrel for out West and it's either in the side x side or in a pack until I'm ready to shoot so it's not a big deal there either.
I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three I mentioned. If money is no object, get a TBAC. If you don't mind the extra 6 oz, save some money and get the YHM.
As far as the 300 BO is concerned, a guy at the range had one with a suppressor and all you could hear was the bolt moving back and forth. Was crazy quiet.

It's on the list I'm considering along with the dead air nomad and tbac 7. Probably just depends what's in stock when my trust is ready. I already have an original YHM turbo that I've been very happy with. It's hard comparing weights because they all list them a little different. They list the YHM with the qd adapter, others list the direct thread version, others just show a weight with no details.

It is a little heavier but anything you throw on the end of a 26" barrel makes it feel heavy.
If you don't mind the extra 6 oz, save some money and get the YHM.
C6ED0D51-2FE0-46EE-88DB-697B1D3D022B.jpeg

It will be dedicated to this rifle….which is heavy as all get out anyways….and only shot from the prone position. Additional weight won't make any difference to me at all. Ended up getting it for $589.00 at Silencer Shop which I thought was fairly decent.

Last edited:
Hey Dep! I came to this forum as I am shopping as well! Started on the Form 1 path and have to apologize… I filed on 2/28… I guess the AFT spit coffee all over their screens and started this denial bs…. Anyway, now on the Form 4 path…. Sounds like you have it nailed down. I am trying to see what can cover 5.56 to 30-06 but quickly seeing this as a two can end game…. (Semi auto and bolt gun). Let us know how the YHM can works out!

Hey Dep! I came to this forum as I am shopping as well! Started on the Form 1 path and have to apologize… I filed on 2/28… I guess the AFT spit coffee all over their screens and started this denial bs…. Anyway, now on the Form 4 path…. Sounds like you have it nailed down. I am trying to see what can cover 5.56 to 30-06 but quickly seeing this as a two can end game…. (Semi auto and bolt gun). Let us know how the YHM can works out!
Hey, Rob! I've got everything signed for/paid for on my end…just waiting on final form 4 review and submission….and then I'm at the mercy of the ATF eFiling system. I'll definitely have to "revive" this thread and give my opinion when it's all said and done. 👍