Ya’ll In Trouble! Leupold 🔥 Dot

I changed out scopes on 3 rifles topping 2 of them with the VX5HD 3-15x44 and one with the VX6HD 3-18x50. The illuminated red dot is one of the finest, sharpest I've seen. With the many choices available for my old eyes, it's nice to see that Leupold has this very excellent optic at a reasonable price range. It allows me and my wife to keep hunting while we're still able to get out into the field. We look forward to supplement our table fare with with wild game every year.

I hear you with regard to discontinuing scopes. I still have a VXR 3-9x40 on my woods rifle. Not as good as my VX5HD, but is a light, affordable, and decent scope for midrange shots in the deer woods. Got a great deal on it a few years ago.

Why in heavens name didn't y'all fellers tell me how absolutely awesome the VX5HD fire dot looks!

My astigmatism doesn't turn the single dot into 3 dots like I do now with my Aimpoints these days! The settings are sweet too.

I'm fixin to get my whippin stick! 🤣😂🤣
The other beautiful thing about those fire dot reticles is they allow one to shoot quick. I had a 2-10 VX6 on my rifle in Africa back in 2013 and was able to raise my rifle and take a one-shot kill shot on a wart hog in about 3 seconds.

My only gripe with this VX5HD 2-10x42 is at 2x I can see 1/16" of the objective lens at the edges. 2.2x and it goes away to edge to edge sharpness. I don't recall my 3-15x44 doing this. I'll have to check it.
OK, my 3-15X44 does this too. I guess that how they are made.

Love the VX5HD 3-15x44. Might be the perfect hunting scope. I like the HTMR reticle. It would be real nice if Luepold added the fire dot to it as well. You would have the best of both worlds, mils and an illuminated reticle. Great scopes!

Love the VX5HD 3-15x44. Might be the perfect hunting scope. I like the HTMR reticle. It would be real nice if Luepold added the fire dot to it as well. You would have the best of both worlds, mils and an illuminated reticle. Great scopes!
Buddy, you ain't a kidding!
I went with the 2-10 for a bit more FOV for jump shots and running shots within 30-300yds. 7lb light weight 7mm-08

I had one on order but cancelled to buy another rifle... I'll try one next year hopefully. I'm breaking my rule and hunting with a christmas tree reticle this year.