xp100 info requested

xper

If anyone can help it would be great I tried Remington sociaty and 6mmbr foums and was directed here. My first question is what serial number range was used then the xp-100 was introduced, when did they change fron the short bolt shroud to the long one ,and last how long did Remington offer the hard oval case with the xp-100.? I have aquired a bunch of xp's over the years and this information would be very much appreciated.
Thanks xper

xper,
First, welcome to LRH forum.
Also, glad to meet another XP shooter.
Since I am not a collecter of XP's, but more of a user, I do not know the answer to your questions.
I will put this question to some who keep up with this and see if they know.

What are your XP's chambered in?
Do you hunt with them?

Thanks for the reply. I have the standard calibers along with some custon built which include a Dan Dowling 22-250,Richard Saunders 17Mach IV, Hart 222X35. The most accurate of the bunch are the 222X35's which will shoot one hole with Bergers. I have used some for hunting which is as enjoyable as aquiring an additional xp. XPER

If you have looked the specialty pistol area here you know I am also a fellow XP nut. I really enjoy them.

Thanks Ernie for all you help.It is nice to hear from someone esle who appreciates the xp-100. exper

Here's another who appreciates the XP. I have two of them and have really enjoyed shooting them. they both shoot better than I do. One is .223 and the other (My hunting gun) is 7BR. I have killed 4 of my last 5 mule deer with the 7BR and they were all 1 shot kills at more than 100 yards. I used a rest for the shots as I am not that good off hand. Both guns have Herrett's rear hold stocks and RifleBasix triggers. I have a TC super 14 in .30 Herrett which I have retired and a Savage Striker in .223 with RifleBasix trigger. It also is a very fine gun but the stock needs some work. I'd like to make a laminated wood rear hold stock to go with the RifleBasix SAV-1 trigger or maybe the SAV-2 even. I also have a Lone Eagle in .223 and have shot it some but not a lot. It seems that I always go back to the XPs whenever I get serious. Wish they still made it.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.