XP 100 Rings and Bases

TPS, Near, or Farrell base with solid rings. Best to stay away from "gadget" rings. TPS are the best I've used.
2crkr48.jpg

Nice pistol, OK where can I get these mounts and Rings they look alot heavyer than a normal rings and mounts.

Those are TPS rings and base. The base is for a 700 short action. Cut the rear portion off, dremel away the little recoil lug (both steps are easy), cold blue, and it's good to go. Ken Farrell sells an XP base that's ready to go but it's really tall and heavy. TPS rings are impressive. I lap all my rings and the TPS base and ring setup actually didn't need lapping. http://www.tacticalprecision.com/

I went to both web sites Ken farell and Precision
They look good , but what about Seekins mount . Will a Rem short action mount work.

I don't know about Seekins. Yes, a one piece 700 sa base will work but you have to remove some of the rear of the base. And if the base has a recoil lug, you have to dremel it off.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.