XP-100 light gun is complete

ewallace

I worked on the XP-100 yesterday and got the barrel chambered and fitted to the action and brake installed then made the pillars out of stainless steel. Then installed the pillars and bedded the action. I finished up this morning removed the barrel action from the fresh bedding and installed the base and scope. If I can get out in the field to shoot (lots of mud) I will be shoot this afternoon and take some video.

Parts list
XP-100 action
Nawakwa accuracy stock
Lawton 6mm 8Twist barrel cut to 17.950 long 1.250 HV taper
chamber 6x47 lapua
40 MOA Base
24x Leupold rifle scope
2oz Jewell trigger
12 1/2 pounds

here are the pictures
P1000719.jpg

P1000721.jpg

P1000722.jpg

The snow is melting and lots of mud where I usually shoot so I went to a farm where I hunt coyotes and set up by the road shooting out to 500 yards is all I can get at this farm. I set up at 100 yards to get a 0 and brake in the barrel I shot one and cleaned for 5 rounds then shot a 2 shot group out of a fowled barrel the group measured .364" at 100 yards
P1000731.jpg

I cleaned the barrel and moved the target to 300 yards and put a rock next to the target for a sighter and a fowler shot. I shot the fowler shot and then shot a 3 shot group of .716".
Vidio shooting 300 yard group

I decided to move the target to 500 yards but only had 2 rounds left the 2 shots went into 1.408

click here for the 2 shot string at 500 yards

P1000737.jpg

ok.....now what is the parent case for the 6.5x47.......i have never been around any of these or the 6mmBR....are they 308 size cases or bigger?AJ
here is a pic with some others to compare I think the 6x47 lapua in the pic is improved
P1000739.jpg

wow looks like a shooter!

That thing tracks real nice, never seen a gun do that on video before.

Your dog didnt seem to happy with the noise :D

wow looks like a shooter!

That thing tracks real nice, never seen a gun do that on video before.

Your dog didnt seem to happy with the noise :D

It dose track nice that was my goal when I started this project
My dog wanted out of the truck to go get what ever I was shooting He is a German short hair and loves to hunt I would shoot a group and then let him out of the truck and he would run around looking to bring back a bird or something dead.

It dose track nice that was my goal when I started this project
My dog wanted out of the truck to go get what ever I was shooting He is a German short hair and loves to hunt I would shoot a group and then let him out of the truck and he would run around looking to bring back a bird or something dead.

Sounds like a good dog to me! I have a beagle (german beagle, 17" shoulder height) myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.