Xmas present for wife - Tripod for vortex razor spotting scope?

ANARCHIST

Bought this razor spotting scope here on this forum for wife she absolutely loves the scope, it gets used almost daily - she gripes the (high country) tripod is flimsy, we have her scope set on a hardwood floor so the two transit tripods I have are a no go with pointed feet - I want to buy her a nice tripod for Christmas = inside the house use.

What's everyone suggest? smooth easy operation & not a blur at full magnification while setup standing position for average adult.

TIA

Any price limit? Will it just be used for that spotter? Will it live in the house or is weight a factor for taking it places?

Leofoto's are a nice, light, steady tripod and won't break the bank. Just grabbed an LS-365C as a Christmas present for my wife. Check em out on Amazon. There's some deals to be had.

I try to avoid tripods that use a center column to get additional height They tend to be more unstable.

Last edited:
Bought this razor spotting scope here on this forum for wife she absolutely loves the scope, it gets used almost daily - she gripes the (high country) tripod is flimsy, we have her scope set on a hardwood floor so the two transit tripods I have are a no go with pointed feet - I want to buy her a nice tripod for Christmas = inside the house use.

What's everyone suggest? smooth easy operation & not a blur at full magnification while setup standing position for average adult.

TIA
Leofoto or Vortex

Thanks for the replies - house on a hardwood floor - she uses a cellphone adapter for pictures she loves to share.

Weight not an issue & most are setup for a standard camera use as well - price not really an issue.

Stanley that's a nice pod - been up to Sportsmans Warehouse looking at pods there but so many to choose from.

Thanks for the replies - house on a hardwood floor - she uses a cellphone adapter for pictures she loves to share.

Weight not an issue & most are setup for a standard camera use as well - price not really an issue.

Stanley that's a nice pod - been up to Sportsmans Warehouse looking at pods there but so many to choose from.

No problem man. My wife will use hers for photos etc but it's stable enough to shoot from as well.

There are a lot of Chinese (leofoto, innorel, sirui) manufacturers that are making carbon fiber tripods now… but if you want a US company then Really Right Stuff (RRS) makes extremely solid stuff

old school photography people still like the Italians/French - Gitzo and Manfrotto

Last edited:
There are a lot of Chinese manufacturers that are making carbon fiber tripods now… but if you want a US company then Really Right Stuff (RRS) makes extremely solid stuff

old school photography people still like the Italians. Gitzo and Manfrotto

+1 ^^^ love mine. Don't think you're gonna find better. If you can cough up the $$$, it's not a purchase you'll regret.

RRS. Most definitely the right way to go for the serious hunter/competitor/photographer

Two vets tripods have been a new favorite budget option if you have to go for the chicom stuff.

The Feisol 3372 is a decent mid range tripod. They're made in Taiwan.

I use fiesol. Bang for the buck they are hard to beat but not cheap. For you I'd look at the 3342 tournament. I use this for shooting, spotting, and prs comps. You can use a leveling head for just spotting and save some coin. I use a ball head and arca and run plates on all my stuff. Amazon's sells plates dirt cheap

Money no object, RRS. I have several Artcise that are excellent, honestly the tripod itself is like 80-90% of a RRS at a fraction of the price. The heads is where the biggest difference is IMO compared to RRS. That Anvil 30 is just amazing. I have shot off of them and they work extremely well. They have some that or better for hunting/shooting than others.

This tripod is working well for me ....

Neewer 2-in-1 Aluminum Alloy Camera Tripod Monopod 71.2"/181 cm with 1/4 and 3/8 inch Screws Fluid Drag Pan Head and Carry Bag for Nikon Canon DSLR Cameras Video Camcorders Load up to 26.5 pounds

Thanks guys, I have about 20 tabs open trying to ponder options, so many to choose & the ball heads seem to be another choice.

Can't believe no one mentioned Outdoorsmans yet. Never knew how good my spotter was until I bought Outdoorsmans tripod and pan head.