XLR Industries Evolution Chassis System Review

i have looked into the jp enterprises chassis and it seems to be a nice chassis but have not handled one in person.there are several reasons i went with the xlr chassis over the jp chassis.the biggest reason being they only offer inletting for a savage short action and remington short action i was using a savage long action.second,i didn't need a folding stock so that was an added expense that wasn't needed so that brought the xlr down in price.third,i liked the xlr tactical butt stock over the magpul PRS.so with all thing considered the xlr had what i needed for this particular build.
Hello

Thanks for the review. I have looked at these chassis for quite a while now and am curious if during your research you ever came across the chassis by JP Enterprises. It is similiar in many ways but uses a Magpul PRS stock that also folds. Cost is about the same if you were to add everything up from XLR. I would be interested in knowing if you considered them and if so what made you decide on the XLR. Thanks.

Have you watched the movie "Shooter"?

That rifle has the bipod arrangement I am looking for.

There was a fella here from Arco Idaho, Triggerfifty, that had something to do with the design and manufacture of the rifle in the movie. I think he may also have been a consultant for the movie also. He left here and took up a career in the medical industry. Hows that for TMI>:rolleyes:

Nice complete review, and well written. However that being said, I feel there are too many angles and it gun)would get caught or hungup on too much. Plus its ugly.

I tend to want to politely disagree with your assessment. For my use, which would be shooting from an ambush/hide set up I don't see any problem with it getting 'hung up' on anything. The barrel being 30" or longer is a much bigger problem.With my method of carry the stock clashing with the environment isn't a problem. However, imbalance with the long heavy barrels is a constantly bothersome until your set up engaging a LR target. Then there is no better feeling in this world.:)

Neither do I think it's ugly. Mean lookin' maybe but not ugly.:)

well this is why we have unbiased reviews so everyone can give their thoughts and take from it what they want and try to make an informed decision.that being said,the stock does have a few points on which to hang up.those being the grip,cheek piece and the butt stock but these points are no different from an AR.also,the long barrel will hang up more that the stock.but remember,this particular rifle wasn't made for woods or mountain hunting it was made for long range target shooting from a fixed shooting position.looks are a matter of personal preference.i happen to think it looks nice others may not.just remember that anytime you purchace or build a rifle make sure it suits your particular needs and does the job you intend to use it for.gun)

I too was looking for a good stock to replace the factory one on my Tikka Varmint .308. The XLR Industries system caught my eye, but they didn't list a chassis system for a Tikka. I sent a E-mail & Kyle responded right away. We talked a little & decided that I would send my barreled action to him & he would use it to build a Tikka chassis. Kyle & crew did a great job. This is truley a work of art. Not a machining mark or flaw of any kind, and I like how adjustable this chissis is. I have 100 rounds through the rifle with this new stock. I made a few adjustments and I can line up on the rifle without any trouble everytime (almost). I will be placing a order for another one for my Tikka .223 Varmint.
Here are the results:

Rangeguns013.jpg

Rangeguns017.jpg

Rangeguns016.jpg

Rangeguns014.jpg

thanks for posting those pics.its nice to show some of the users photos.kyle has been willing to work with anyone to get what they need no matter how much effort has to be put in to it. one question i have for kansas45 and i'm sure others would like to know is could you see any accuracy changes when switching from the factory stock to the XLR chassis?

Actually, yes. I shot 1/2 moa better than with the factory stock. While I will have to admit that I was testing IMR 8208 powder for the first time, and didn't shoot my usual Reloader 15 load, I can feel the XLR holding better than the OEM stock. This thing is sturdy, well built, & very user friendly, in my world anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.