XLR Industries Evolution Chassis System Review

ADMIN

Administrator
There are three chassis available from XLR. The XLR Evolution chassis is the standard chassis that works well with just about any of your standard actions like the Savage, Winchester and Remington based actions. The second chassis is the XLR Evolution HD chassis. This chassis is for the larger actions like the Stiller tac, .408, and the Surgeon XL. The last option is the XLR Evolution BMG chassis. This is designed for the largest .50 BMG actions. With each chassis there is the option for a single shot or repeater if your action is designed for it. Each chassis also has the option of a 12 or 14 inch hand guard that can be upgraded with a 4 way picatinny rail kit or a single rail for bipod mounting, as well as a 3 inch benchrest plate. Also, all stocks have the option of a folding butt stock kit.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, XLR Industries Evolution Chassis System Review, By Marty Dabney. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Looks great, I have an old 7mm that's been collecting dust and this might be the project to go with, what overall weight did you end up with. I need to decide what cal to go with my rem action also....

no, probably not.if you went with a shorter barrel with a sporter weight barrel then it might be ok for some packing around.the chassis only weighs about 4 pounds which isn't bad considering how stable of a platform it is.gun)

Marty,

Great review!

@ 4# one may be able to keep the total weight, with proper component selection, under the 16# Idaho limit. Carrying it to the 'hide' wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the kind words.and your right,the right components would make a huge difference in weight reduction.i use a long heavy barrel with heavy rings and base.also,in this weight I am figuring in the weight of the bipod so a lot can be done to reduce weight.remember this is a tactical rifle so weight isn't that big of a deal.and yes,to the guys on the hide this is probably considered a light weight.

by 'carrying it to the "hide", I meant carrying it to the ambush spot......

That trip is usually well under a mile. The ambush spots further in are accessible via ancient logging roads..

Marty, Every time I look at the photo's it looks sweeter!!!!! If you have any more close up's send them or post them. What scope did you choose for this project?

the scope is a super sniper 20x and seems to do well.I will eventually put a night force on it but for now I will use this.I will do some more close ups this evening for you.thanks,marty

Last edited:
here are some close up pics

229138_1738585547259_1317261820_31541381_5237099_s.jpg

224355_1736595737515_1317261820_31539674_2129200_n.jpg

Very nice looking and functional stock. i've been in search of the perfect stock for my savge 110 7stw with a 27" shillen tube i had made up in '95. i think i finally found what i've been looking for! thanks much for the article gun)

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for the review. I have looked at these chassis for quite a while now and am curious if during your research you ever came across the chassis by JP Enterprises. It is similiar in many ways but uses a Magpul PRS stock that also folds. Cost is about the same if you were to add everything up from XLR. I would be interested in knowing if you considered them and if so what made you decide on the XLR. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.