XLR Element vs MDT Hnt26?

wildwilderness

I'm looking to build a light weight mountain rifle that's packable and really like the folding stock option on these Chassis

I have no experience with a chassis or using mags for that matter. Anything I should know? How do I decided between these two? FYI I have a 20" proof light sendero barrel, and will probably go with a defiance action…

Anyone have experience with these? Or the companies

MDT hnt26

XLR element

The MDT is a lot of $$.MPA LITE makes a rifle w/folder,Proof 24'',in 6.5 PRC-7-1/2#

Master Piece Arms,look them up they make chasis and complete rifles.Guys in PRS run them.I just noticed one in a review the lite,google.Would make a nice hunting rig,I want a folder for wolf hunting,pack on snow bike or dirt bike

I have the XLR magnesium with carbon fiber butte stock. It's super lite, I like it, don't have any experience with the MDT. The folding butte stock will add some weight I don't believe it is carbon fiber. They are fine to hunt with, just remember two magazines in case one gets lost. (hasn't happened to me yet). I'm not sure if I like it better than my carbon fiber traditional style stocks yet. I do like the fact that I can add or remove what ever attachments I want like arcs Swiss rail or bipod or weight

I have the xlr. I have several mdt lss. Mdt makes a fine product but the xlr for me is checking several boxes. It's both left and right handed. Optional thumb rest. Built in level. Full arca rail. I can switch the folding direction.

I'm looking to build a light weight mountain rifle that's packable and really like the folding stock option on these Chassis

I have no experience with a chassis or using mags for that matter. Anything I should know? How do I decided between these two? FYI I have a 20" proof light sendero barrel, and will probably go with a defiance action…

MDT hnt26

XLR element
I have used and built for others the past rifles using chassis they work well and I do like the folders AIs ect I am doing one now with the mtd folder your first pic bighorn SA proof carbonfiber 6.5 PRC just for light Mt hunts up here for sheep ect eather one you have pics of would work good

MDT hnt26

XLR element
I do not think you can go wrong with either of your choices, and it boils down to personal preference. "My" preference would be the XLR. I am not sure when you need it, but you might consider their availability for both of your choices; XLR is up to 26 weeks delay on their current estimated delivery.

I have a couple of the magnesiums. Both animals I shot this year were with the rifle clamped directly on a tripod, one sitting and one standing. I know that rail is solid. I'm not 100% certain about the integrated rail in the carbon on the MDT. I will probably buy one at some point to check it out for myself. I'm curious to read from Folks with direct experience.

I do believe the xlr is quite a bit cheaper then the hunt 26 comparably set up. Seems to me the xlr is 1250 with folder, thumb rest, qd mount. Mdt is 1600. I also think the xlr is lighter with the folder. Mdt folder is heavy and beefy. I usually machine out material on the Mdt