XLR Element front action screw coming loose.

Greetings fellow Band of the Ninja masks,

Anyone have this issue? This is the second one I have owned, and both have come loose. Losing faith in them.

Torqued to 65 inch pounds with their screws. Added a little anti seize to make it a little more snug to no avail. Anyone adding loctite or anything else?

Went to pull my RUM out of it and the front screw was loose. Just so happens I shot the smallest group with it the last time out (so may be non-issue🤔)
What Bucklowery said. Anti-seize is counter productive. Try Blue Loctite.

I'm not a huge fan of locktite. I prefer Vibratite VC3. It works just as well, never personally had anything loosen when I've used it. Best part is the treated bolt can be reused without reapplying the VC3 and it's not a glue like Locktite, so a bolt comes out with only marginally more force then it was installed with.

I'm not a huge fan of locktite. I prefer Vibratite VC3. It works just as well, never personally had anything loosen when I've used it. Best part is the treated bolt can be reused without reapplying the VC3 and it's not a glue like Locktite, so a bolt comes out with only marginally more force then it was installed with.
Thanks for the recommendation. I like the properties that you described. Will have to check it out.

I've used both and I tend to buy Lock-tite products. Technically the liquid forms of Lock-tite aren't a glue either. However, when they polymerize they will take the shape of the void that it is contained within down to microscopic detail. That means that it is interlocked with the asperites of both surfaces and will behave a bit like it is glue when the fastener is removed.

Vibratite behaves more like the old racer's trick of using 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive in threads.