Xbolt max

I'm having a hard time getting my xbolt to shoot very good. Can't seem to get anything I've tried to shoot under an inch. What are some tips you fellas can give me, any advice is helpful! Powders, bullets, primers, reloading techniques. It all helps. View attachment 185145
Need to know what caliber and what twist rate the barrel is. That way we can see if you are shooting the proper grain bullet for the twist rate.

if you're xbolt is all factory original 7 mm Remington mag it only comes with a 9 1/2 ,twist that is why it doesn't like your big bullets try 160 class bullets or rebarrel it
Here ya go.

Attachments

• AC8ADC4E-0AF2-4B61-A331-9117287A083D.jpeg
    AC8ADC4E-0AF2-4B61-A331-9117287A083D.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 107
I found the nosler long range 150 grn accubonds in .277 cal were all keyholing at 200metres.
At 400 75mm group and at 600 metres 300mm group.
Plus after 350 meters the drop was way off , 1.5 times more drop.
As they were doing 3290 fps I could only assume that tips were melting and deforming after around 300 meters. I changed to the hornady 145 ELDX and long range accuracy returned to what it shd have been at 600 plus meters.
Maybe this is what's happening. Just a point to look at.

Here you go. Just now screen shot from Browning's X-Bolt Max Long Range specs page for their 7mm Rem Mag. (Note the Item Number, UPC and Twist Rate)View attachment 185423
If you look at the above attached screenshot it depends on when the rifle was built. If pre 2018 1 in 9.5 if post 2018 1 in 8. The models are all the same the date of Mfg is the important part!

If you look at the above attached screenshot it depends on when the rifle was built. If pre 2018 1 in 9.5 if post 2018 1 in 8. The models are all the same the date of Mfg is the important part!

The screen shot is from today, on the Browning website for the Browning Max Long Range 7mm Rem Mag. I'm not saying that Browning's site information is up to date, but this is their CURRENT spec sheet for this rifle. The OP would be wise to actually check his twist rate. Besides, he could have received a rifle from old stock.

This saved my A-bolt Stalker in 25-06. Check torque on actions screws, I started at 35 in.lbs worked up to app 37.5 in.lbs, this is not a pillar beaded stock. If yours is you will want to be in the 60 in.lb range. This tightened up my best load to .25 when I had almost given up on one of my favorite rifles.

The screen shot is from today, on the Browning website for the Browning Max Long Range 7mm Rem Mag. I'm not saying that Browning's site information is up to date, but this is their CURRENT spec sheet for this rifle. The OP would be wise to actually check his twist rate. Besides, he could have received a rifle from old stock.
Yes quite likely he has an old stock max long range. My 28 nosler is a shooter quite happy with it. Maybe I got a good one😉 it likes 180's and just got some 195 EOL's to try out!

Yes quite likely he has an old stock max long range. My 28 nosler is a shooter quite happy with it. Maybe I got a good one😉 it likes 180's and just got some 195 EOL's to try out!

According to the Browning specs page today, yours is a 1 in 8" twist rate. With the 195 EOL's, how bad does your 28 Nosler torque on your hand upon firing?

According to the Browning specs page today, yours is a 1 in 8" twist rate. With the 195 EOL's, how bad does your 28 Nosler torque on your hand upon firing?
Just got them today so haven't even measured them for length in chamber yet. The 180's don't torque much at all so I don't think these should be too bad. Will probably try to get something done in the next week. And I will let you know!

My Son has a Winchester Model 70 in 7mm Mag. I load for him and I couldn't get it
to shoot with anything except 175 grain Nosler partisions. It's been a while and I don't
remember the powder charge. He shot one sheep with it and switched to a .340 Weatherby
and shot the rest of his Grand Slam with that.

Zeke

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.