xbolt 7mm

fifed

well i have browning xbolt 7mm i hunt with.id like to turn this into a long range hunting rifle.is there anything i can do to modify it.thjinking of switching from my nikon bdc scope to a vortex viper.is there anything i can do to this rifle or just shoot it the way it is.

As one of the few admitted browning lovers here. I'll recommend ya leave it alone till ya get out and do some shooting at distance your comfortable at and stretch it out from there till proficient. Then ya can figure what you personally need to do to rifle to take ya to the next level. That being said maybe you done this already if so, your in same boat as me. Myself I'm debating on what to do w/ 2- abolts and a savage la. Think im sticking with leaving abolts stock calibers and barrels just changing glass mounts and stocks. The savage I still need to decide 338 wm or 270wsm for caliber.

Gene

with my a-bolt in a 7 rum I put nice glass on and worked up my load . I have shot out to 1000 and could go farther but did the jump from 600 to a 1000 in a day now need to go back to 600 and fine tune myself and then work up . my a-bolt is stock with the trigger done thats it .

I wouldnt modify until I shot it.. You dont need a new trigger if you like the trigger it has, you dont need a new stock if your content with the stock you have. I just dont like fixing what is not broken. Brownings are very nice guns and I do think you will be happy with the results.

well i have browning xbolt 7mm i hunt with.id like to turn this into a long range hunting rifle.is there anything i can do to modify it.thjinking of switching from my nikon bdc scope to a vortex viper.is there anything i can do to this rifle or just shoot it the way it is.
If it shoots sub MOA with High BC bullets at 200yds you should be able to take just about anything other than big bears, moose, elk etc out to 1000yds and to do so out to 750yds with great confidence.

The big question is how does it shoot now?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.