XBAL / Ballisticards

G

Getting ready to order the XBAL program for my palm III. Is there any point in considering ballisticards now?

What happens if your batteries go dead... Ballisticards always work. More info you have in the field the better, I do not trust anything to memory - just does not work for me anyhow. Plus, make dropcharts on labels, put them on your stock, do like Dave does and make small ones that fit into the Butler Creek flip-up cap on your eyepiece, whatever and whereever but take the data with you or you will wish you did. Gets particularly bad if you start shooting more than one caliber.

I would agree with Ian, I have the Dell with Nightforce/Exbal program and as handy as it is I would never go afield without a hard copy. Besides I keep notes on various shooting conditions with my drop charts.

I have the a NF NPR2 with X bal on my Dell pocket PS also. How do you transfer the drop/click chart to your desk pc to print it? I would like to have a 8 point font chart for my flip up.

MOA,

If you save the cal, drop chart etc in a file you can usb port to you desk top computer and transfer the file to my documents and then print it.

Just noticed that they don't show a Ballisticard for the
.264 Win Mag. What do you recommend????

Enter the options and look up the bullet you are using. Then go in and enter velocity conditions etc. It will make a chart for you. Just checked mine lots of .264 bullets in the ex-bal library.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.