X-caliber carbon fiber barrel

That is awesome! That's about the speed I'll be running 88s in the 22gt for my match rifle next season. Glad to see their shooting that good for you! You running a 1-7 twist barrel?

That is awesome! That's about the speed I'll be running 88s in the 22gt for my match rifle next season. Glad to see their shooting that good for you! You running a 1-7 twist barrel?
1:8 twist!

I've got a Bartlein 22 Creed prefit ready to spin on when this barrel is toast. Decided to go 1:7.5 to try to spin the 95 SMK. Tried it out with the 1:8 and it was pretty laughable.

Last edited:
I only saw a 1-7 or 1-8 I was thinking 1-7.5 too I'll have to look again. Good the know the 1-8 worked with the 88s at that speed my worry was spinning the jackets right off

I only saw a 1-7 or 1-8 I was thinking 1-7.5 too I'll have to look again. Good the know the 1-8 worked with the 88s at that speed my worry was spinning the jackets right off

Whoops, I should have added- the 1:7.5 is a Bartlein, not x cal. But yes, the 1:8 does great with the 88s and below!

Attachments

• PXL_20211104_183029732.jpg
    PXL_20211104_183029732.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 135
I got's to know how that performs?!?!?!?! I'v a 6.5x284N, that's is accurate as hell, but it's meh in the velocity, especially when compared to a 26" 6.5 Creedmoor, I barreled. So I already have the donor, ready to go. I'm thinking a 284WIN, launching a 168gn flavored Berger?

I got's to know how that performs?!?!?!?! I'v a 6.5x284N, that's is accurate as hell, but it's meh in the velocity, especially when compared to a 26" 6.5 Creedmoor, I barreled. So I already have the donor, ready to go. I'm thinking a 284WIN, launching a 168gn flavored Berger?
Ha, you and me both. I'm lacking a spare Tikka action for it at the moment, and don't want to disassemble my match rifle, so it might be a while. I've been planning on 162 ELD-X (that's the dummy load in the background), but obviously the Bergers would be great too. So I'll update you in six months maybe?

Tag .looking at one in 300wsm 1:10 on a Tikka for hunting and a 6.5 prc 1:8 for play. Both 26"
Burris 5-25
Xlr - element chassis

I'm running a straight contour 6.5 creed on an impact. Trigger tech diamond, xtr3 5-30,in a krv bravo and loving It. Headed up to aspen CO now for work. Got the rifle and hunting gear in the back for a cow tag this weekend in rifle CO ill let yall know if I manage to knock one dead

I've heard that the xcal prefits are the usual problem but the blanks themselves are good. Try a blank and have a good quality smith cut the chamber, I'm sue it'll shoot just fine!