• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

X-caliber 300 PRC barrel

belldar

X-caliber 300 PRC remage barrel with x-caliber barrel nut.
24 inch stainless, heavy bull sporter (7contour)
1-9 twist 5R
5/8x24 threaded for suppressor and/or brake.
less than 50 rounds down for break in.

Reason for selling: when I purchase the barrel through x-caliber they recommended a barrel nut from PTG. Well durning break in i notice the nut coming loose(torqued right and all). I contacted x-caliber who had never heard of such a thing and they said to send it in. I sent it in and they said it was all within spec and looked like was broke in great. Claimed it was the Teflon coated barrel nut I used per their recommendation from PTG. Well my confidence in the barrel is not there even though with Hornady factory ammo it was shooting under 1/2 MOA. I am also disgusted with x-caliber for not manning up to their mistake in recommending the barrel nut they now say is bad. I went a different route and built a 338 RUM on the action I had used. The action was a stiller predator LA so that may have been an issue as well for the nut coming loose. A factory action would be best. Wanted to be honest and straight forward on the reason I am selling. They are right it probably is a great barrel but after dealing with x-caliber I would rather not use their products any more. I do now have their barrel nut that will come with it that is heavier duty and not Teflon coated. I have around $500 into the barrel and the break in is taken care of. Make an offer.
Merry Christmas
Brent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 221
I just had my PVA nut come loose on my 300 RUM.

Is this normal with Remage setups?

Apparently not from talking with the guys that sell them. They say it needs a heavier nut if that happens. But they are the ones selling them so....

I just had my PVA nut come loose on my 300 RUM.

Is this normal with Remage setups?
The OP has the X-caliber's (unless I misunderstood it from his other post), which is different from PVA's. I have a couple of PVA's barrel nut on my Savage builds and do not have any issues coming loose. How tight did you torque it? MIne were torqued to 60 LBS.