X-Bolt trigger spring

RustyRick

I hear a rumor that there is a spring fix to lighten up the stock triggers for the XZ-Bolt action.

Can someone enlighten me as to HOW? and WHERE available? Thanks

I have heard of such but have not had any luck finding one or the specs for the factory spring. Some folks have talked about cutting and stretching the original, but I'm not about to attempt a trial and error type of fix without a backup spring.
Have you heard from anyone else or had any luck coming up with a fix? I talked to the folks at Timney Triggers and they said the xbolt replacement is on the design table now and may be ready later this year! I just can't believe the new and improved Browning "feather" trigger is not adjustable to a reasonable level. The lowest I can get mine is just under four pounds and feels like I'm trying to lift the truck with one finger compared to the 1.5 lb Abolt I have.

Good Luck and let me know if you find anything.

I have found no where that carries them anymore... Ernie the gunsmith used to carry them but quit when to many customers took their triggers apart and couldn't get them back together and wouldn't stop calling him... I cut the spring on one a few weeks ago... Still not a great trigger but way better then factory.. I took the spring down about 6 different times to get it where it is now... Somewhere around 3-3.5lbs... These triggers seemed to be very cheaply made... Hopefully Timney will make a full replacement... Dave

Well may have had a stroke of luck. Decided to order replacement spring from Browning to do trial and error cutting/resizing. Went by local gun shop and his gunsmith (they sub out their gunsmithing) came in. Talked to him about the problem and found out he has done a couple of trigger jobs on Xbolts. Supposed to take rifle and go see him tomorrow. Will post the results of this meeting after we see what comes of it.

Well, I left my Browning Xbolt with the local gunsmith to do the trigger job. I checked on the price of the Jard trigger. My trigger job cost $45. Got it back last night. Trigger is just as crisp as before but now only 2lb 2oz at break. Gunsmith says he just tried several springs and found one close then made only slight modification to it. Didn't say exactly what the modification was but for $200 less than the Jard trigger, I don't care. It is set with adjustment screw about half travel, so there is still adjustment travel up and down on weight of pull. Couldn't be happier. Now I love this "shooting machine"!

I realize this OP is 2 yrs old but I'm hoping some new info out there you can share?
Anyone know of any new springs & where to get them to lower the 3-3.5 lb trigger on the xbolt? Any gunsmiths that can help me?
Thanks, Brad

I know the thread is old and it's almost been a year since you asked but M-Carbo makes a replacement spring for $12 that has great reviews. I just ordered one, instructions and install video seem straight forward

I know the thread is old and it's almost been a year since you asked but M-Carbo makes a replacement spring for $12 that has great reviews. I just ordered one, instructions and install video seem straight forward

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to pick one up for my 223.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.