X Bolt Max Long Range Hunter

Yeah, they're offering the 8" twist in the 7mm RemMag and .28 Nosler... I think I might have to find a way to get one in .28 Nosler, since I already have a custom 7mm RemMag on an A-Bolt II action.

Hey Browning, if you want to send me one, I'll do a full write-up/review for couple different LR hunting sites. ;)

I think they are smart by putting out barrels with fast twist rates to be able to shoot the high BC heavy for caliber bullets. At least for the last 2 or 3 years that has been what a lot of folks have wanted.

I think they are smart by putting out barrels with fast twist rates to be able to shoot the high BC heavy for caliber bullets. At least for the last 2 or 3 years that has been what a lot of folks have wanted.
Yep, more manufacturers need to take notice. Browning's guys are obviously paying attention to what hunters/shooters want, and also with market trends for the long heavy high-BC bullets.

interesting to see what the stock is like--- it is composite, not fiberglass or carbon like the McM or pro stocks

I also would like to see what special shot show editions they come out with this year

thought that they might switch all the models over to fast twist this year, but still just the long range models are the fast twist

Thoughts?
https://www.browning.com/products/f...t-production/xbolt-max-long-range-hunter.html

Browning continues their trend of offering fast twist factory rifles. Personally wish 338 RUM was an option. 8.5 pound fast twist rifle with a brake and an adjustable cheek riser from the factory for right around $1k.

It looks cool - i wonder if the stock has a full length aluminum bedding block, doesn't look like it. That has been my biggest complaint with the xbolt composite stocks - i had a 7mm wsm and a 25-06 that had the black rubberish stocks and when using a bipod it would occasionally put pressure on the barrel changing POI.

Anyone know what the Mag length would be on the SA and LA?
I know the A bolt had a ridiculously short mag length on the LA

The mag length should allow about 3.6 COAL on the LA. That is what my Hells Canyon Long Range Ambush is in 300 Winchester that came out last year. I think it looks very interesting. Was debating on a 28 Nosler in it. I do want to see what else pops up at Shot Show from them.

Has anyone shot one? It looks pretty similar to the Bergara HMR, so I wonder how the two compare?

Announced hours ago so I doubt it. I think it will be much like the HMR which is a good thing. Just a bit lighter, with a 3 lug bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.