x-bolt HC speed and LR discontinued?

cohunt

so did browning discontinue their Hell's canyon LR and speed rifles? (not the McMillian, just the atacs polymer stock line)

just happened to look on their web site and noticed that both these rifles show as being discontinued
the Speed says " THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION. Last Catalog Year: 2016"
and the LR says "THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION"

are they just getting away from the A-TACS camo stock and going to a new one? anyone have the "inside" scoop?

they are both under the "current production" tab but show as no longer in production--maybe another typo like the wrong twist rates we saw a while back?

I wish I had better info for you. Perhaps with the expansion of the "Pro" line they're reducing product streams? (Pure speculation on my part). Notice how the LR Max and others are getting the extended bolt handle like the Pro, etc.

I concur: I LOVE both my original Hunter and my LR Stalker with its aftermarket McMillan stock. I've been thinking of selling the latter, but hate to part with such an accurate rifle that's so pleasant to shoot.

I know that Cabelas/BP closed out all the 6.5CM Speed editions for $399.99.. Buddy of mine got the last 2 in Con.US shipped to his local store..
Now Cabelas only has the Speed in 6.5PRC.

dang. I see what you mean.

I'm very interested in the new, Max Long Range. I would like to know more about the stock build specs.
I've got a max range in 300WM with only 10 shots down the tube I'm looking at selling. Got a McMillian too and don't need them both.