Wyoming Whitetail

mmh

I drew a whitetail tag in area 59. I was hoping to draw a mule deer tag but did not.

How do WY whitetail compare to PA whitetail? At least I can do some long range hunting that is not possible in PA.

Can anyone give me any pointers on WY Whitetail?

Looking at the map you are hunting in SE WY. My observations are based on NE and central WY. I expect that most of your whitetails in that area will be along the river and creek bottoms. Likely feeding primarily in fields early and late. So likely most will be on private property. There could be some in the National forest, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Best bet will be to take a scouting trip in Aug and see what you can find. Driving around the unit will help you see what you have to work with. Look closely early and late. You'll soon know where most of the whitetails are. I guess the big question is are you planning to hunt private or public ground?
Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.