Wyoming whitetail trophy

You guys in the western states have the most complicated hunting or it seems that way to me. I have shot p dogs for obvious reasons to avoid the complications in Wyoming. Been invited to hunt on privet land but have declined, I like my truck. Have dealt with the gov bureaucracys , BLM, AG and forestry. There is nothing I would like better than an elk hunt, killing one would be OK but just the hunt would be a dream vacation. The zones the "draw", the regulations, its just very intimidating. Nothing like that in GA, changes most years but you just kill x amounts of does or bucks. Then again, I have never purchased a permit, never hunted on public land. Is it somewhat like that for residents in the western states. Be nice to know. Might relocate one of these days.

Attachments

• FILE0558 (800x600).jpg
    FILE0558 (800x600).jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 65
You guys in the western states have the most complicated hunting or it seems that way to me. I have shot p dogs for obvious reasons to avoid the complications in Wyoming. Been invited to hunt on privet land but have declined, I like my truck. Have dealt with the gov bureaucracys , BLM, AG and forestry. There is nothing I would like better than an elk hunt, killing one would be OK but just the hunt would be a dream vacation. The zones the "draw", the regulations, its just very intimidating. Nothing like that in GA, changes most years but you just kill x amounts of does or bucks. Then again, I have never purchased a permit, never hunted on public land. Is it somewhat like that for residents in the western states. Be nice to know. Might relocate one of these days.
We have Elk, antelope , bighorn, moose , Mtn. Goat, bison, wolves and mtn. lion seasons along with whitetail and bear.
More critters . More seasons and regulations. If you didn't break up the areas everybody would be hunting just the good ones. That's why there are limited quota and general areas and seasons . A lot more different critters here. No season on p dogs, yotes, coon, fox, badger, weasel . Bobcat I think there is. Nice WT buck in your Ranger.

There are some quality whitetails in Wyoming. But it is now about impossible to hunt both a whitetail buck and a mule deer buck the same year unless you are a resident.

Folks are right, eastern WY is the place for a good whitetail. We took five whitetail hunters last year and three of the bucks were 160 or better. All of the bucks were 5X5 or better. Access on most private land is limited and the quality bucks are generally on private land. The Black Hills are a fun and great place to hunt, with good deer numbers. But the quality on the public land there is not usually comparable to what you'll find on well-managed private land.

Whitetail licenses are often easy to get, zero points will often get you drawn.

Best of luck and stack upa big one.
I did draw a general tag and a limited quota Whitetail tag (any whitetail) 4 out of 5 years hunting Chugwater area . Reg. D and forget whitail area number. One year no general . Got two limit quota Whitetail tags. Always came home with two buck deer, buck lope and sometimes does. I was a non res back then. This year I drew a 165-3 limited quota whitetal tag and going to get general tag also. Didn't draw buck lope or bull elk. Going to get general elk tag. Only got one for whitetail dor this year. Too much meat last year. Lol. Been giving away to make room.