Wyoming unit 73. Anyone hunt it??

Sorry my answer was incomplete. Didn't draw. Can't figure out why but sometimes outcomes defy explanations. From the research we had done it looked like an excellent zone and because I'm too old to be much help with the camp there were enough "housing" opportunities for me while the younger guys maintained a camp. At least that was the plan.
Wish you best of luck. Hope you get the one I had in my mind's eye.

You will not have a problem finding antelope. I saw lots of them. Saw a few nice ones but no monsters. i saw one at a distance but they got spooked off by some fishermen and I didn't get another look at him.
Any amount of rain turns the dirt roads into a mess, so plan to walk a bit on those days. If you draw next year give me a yell and I'll point you to a few spots to check

Spent 4 days there this year with a friend who drew a tag. We waited until the last several days of season to hunt. He ended up shooting the biggest buck we could find in 4 hard days of hunting (that we saw several times), and it scores 74. There were some really cool small non-typicals in there too....Depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for a solid 80" antelope? I'd hunt elsewhere. On a pleasant note though, I found some rather nice mule deer in there walking through some of that country! :D

Lots of antelopes in that unit. There are some good ones mixed in. But there are good ones in almost every unit in WY. If you don't shoot one in this unit you were just to picky.

How many points do you have and what are your expectations? There are some 82" plus animals in the unit but other units for the same points would be a better choice.

I think with 3 points and a special tag 73 may be one of your best bets. I think if you hunt hard all day for 5 days you should be able to find an upper 70s buck.

Wyoming Game and Fish says 100% with three points and a special tag. Even 23% drew with <3. Some units are experiencing points creep and the winter kills, in the best units, in the recent years have made it worse.

Was elk and deer hunting up there quite a bit this year. Never saw anything big. Was elk hunting up there yesterday. No snow in in most of the area. Saw some big herds of antelope. Nothing stood out...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.