Wyoming Unit 22

waypoole97

Does anyone know about how much public land there is in Unit 22. I am going next week was supposed to be hunting on Private land but can't get the guy to answer his phone and have already bought tags to go. So know I am looking for other ways to get on some land to hunt. If anyone has any contacts of some ranchers that allows hunting or any other info would be much appreciated.

Get a chip for a GPS and use that. Any public land accessible from public rd is legal to hunt. Looks like a lot of public on the East side. We just got a MAJOR snow storm today. Perhaps up to 18 inches w/ lots of wind.
The antelope will herd up in big herds, sometimes more than 100 when the snow is like this. Lots of country w/nothing and then a big herd. Lots of eyes to avoid. Herds will disperse as the snow melts. Will warm back up next week. Good luck. Bruce

I notice that the original poster hasn't stopped by since his original post.

We cancelled our hunt to the Gillette/Buffalo area for this week due to the snow.

Yesterday AM still had roads around Gillette closed. Opened by later in the day. Melted good yesterday. Lots of tree damage. Still had leaves on and then the rain turned to ice and then heavy snow. I really wanted to get out deer hunting and couldn't..... Self employed and business was important... Secondary roads will mostly open up today. Farm/ranch roads should open up later this next week. No off road travel due to wet muddy ground for close to a week or so depending on temps. Bruce

Was out this AM. N of Gillette. Snow was less than S of Gillette. Melted off and able to utilize ranch roads. S of Gillette still snow although spotty. Looking at rain in the forecast for Thur PM and Fri. Should pretty well get rid of the snow. Then just wet and muddy.
Side note. Got to shoot a praire dog at 454 yards today. Longest for me. Feel pretty good about my 6.5-06. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.