Wyoming Unit 120

mattyboy

Hey I am looking into hunting mule deer for the first time in wyoming and was told unit 120 is a good way to go. I have 3 points and want to have a good hunt on public land. Any info on this unit would be greatly appricated. Thanks, Matt

The plus side on unit 120 is that it only took 2 PPs to draw the 120 tag last year. The downside to the unit is that it's almost all Wind River Indian Reservation and other private property that you can't hunt. There is only about 30 sections up in the northeastern part of the unit that is public land. I hunt out in WY every year and have 4PPs, but don't really know much about that unit. If you have good inside information that you can use to have a good hunt in that area, then go for it.

Thanks for the reply Top gun. I have three preference points for deer and never hunted Wyoming before. I am looking for a fun mule deer hunt. Do you have any recommendations. All would be appricated. Thanks Matt

Take a look at unit 37 directly east of 120. You should have a good shot at drawing it based on last years draw odds and there are some private properties that allow access under either the HMA or WIHA programs if you look those up, besides the BLM land that is available. I hunt on a Region M tag every year to the east of that unit and am trying for a unit that will probably take 5 or 6 PPs to draw.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.