Wyoming Thorofare Elk Hunt

Thanks for the reply. I lots of guys talking about the wolves bringing the elk numbers down in their home states. My buddy was telling me he looked into an idaho hunt and the Game Wardens were encouraging them to take a wolf on their elk tags. Big sign of a problem!

I guess it depends where yer hunting. I was in the Thorofare in 2010 and saw more elk than I recall seeing up there in years. That was my 7th time in. Even my outfitter said he was surprised at the numbers. I've spoke with him about the 2011 season and he said everyone who hunted had a shot opportunity. If I don't draw a limited quota elk tag this year, I'll be back up there again this fall.

You and your outfitter are very fortunate. Many have been forced out of business because of the wolf and bear problem. It is criminal and brings a tear to the eye of old timers who got to see this area in a pristine state before the idiot politicians and animal rights groups destroyed it with the wolf introduction and grizzly protection. I guess one of the hardest parts of it for us to accept is the idiot hunters who still try to sugar coat it providing further ammo to the antihunting groups trying to destroy us. Divide and conquer. The anti's learned this tactic a few years ago and are now pros at it.

Be interesting to see what the harvest success ratio was in the Thorofare for 2011. I'd guess it will be down in part because the weather was uncooperative. Prior to that, the success rate had increased for three straight years. In 2010 it was 58% which was higher than any general area in the state.

i do not have a hunt to swap my buddy has horses and i have a real nice off shore fishing boat if you would be interested in fishing for tuna and salmon in the ocean or salmon in the Columbia i can do that no problem. i have a cabin at the beach so lodging would be included the only thing you would have to pay for is food and what ever you want to drink and help with gas. i have been fishing off the Columbia for many years and know what i am doing. tuna is my favorite salmon come next and halibut are good as well. crabs are easy to catch. my cabin is in Long Beach WA i live in Portland OR about 2 1/2 hours from the cabin the boat is moored all summer send me a pm if you are interested

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.