Wyoming Speed Goat (SG)Hunt 2021

Justice1327

Ok, first time attempting to do a SG DIY hunt. Looking for sound advice, especially if you can give POC, references, sites to verify or secure information. I only want Wyoming because the wife and I want to live there. We plan to take extra time and 'scout' for a homesite.

Here goes:
1. Is it probable to obtain buck/doe SG tags for a DIY hunt for both of us? Can you get both? Wyoming G&F site is confusing.
2. If so, where is the best place to secure tags?
3. What region or unit has the highest tag-outrate? Which unit has the highest number of tags available. We dont mind hiking ~ 5-8 miles.
4. Best time of year to increase odds of success?
5. If one secures a SG tag, what other OTC tags would you recommend? Probably unit dependent.
6. Best method to line up access on private land...before buying the license?
7. Any areas that are typically low density for hunters...but high for SG?

I am sure I am missing important info, but wanted to get a 30K ft view of the situation and then go down to a more finite level of detail as I process the info.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I bought doe tags over the counter years ago when I was there on a different hunt. Best bet is get onx maps for all the BLM land and good gps. Call the local offices and biologist for areas you are interested in that will be the wealth of information, you need

Thanks

Buck

I just called F&G about this a few days. You can get 2 doe tags. When applying online you apply for your buck tag AND THEN SEPARATELY apply for your 2 "doe/fawn" tags their called. There is an option to cancel the doe tags if you don't draw the buck tag. But there are 3 total tags to be had for an Antelope hunt. Really looking forward to mine this year!!

I just called F&G about this a few days. You can get 2 doe tags. When applying online you apply for your buck tag AND THEN SEPARATELY apply for your 2 "doe/fawn" tags their called. There is an option to cancel the doe tags if you don't draw the buck tag. But there are 3 total tags to be had for an Antelope hunt. Really looking forward to mine this year!!
Who is F&G? #?

I have 8 points going into the draw this year. Hoping to draw a buck and doe tags. Bought 4 leftover doe tags a couple years ago and it was a blast!

Yeah I was able to do some looking on there and it seems like we'll be able to get some doe tags this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.