Wyoming results are in

I'm in Northern CA ( Sacramento area). I have been applying as "general" for all 3 choices. If and when I get drawn I will be going with an outfitter and few that I have spoken to said they hunt in the general zones and wilderness areas. I think next year I am going to have the outfitter do my paperwork so I have a better chance of getting drawn with 4 points.
Reg. G would be great 😉 I hunted Reg.F for 22 years before moving here. Still hunt areas within F. Hope you draw next year.

I thought I read that outfitters get 10-20% (or some number) of tags semi allocated to them in their area and get preferential treatment for their clients. Maybe I have the state mixed up or they were thinking about implementing something along those lines.
You are correct.
Outfitters control by lease alot of prime hunting area.
I have run across GLM land that outfitters were posting ..NO HUNTING...
Just to trick people without maps and data showing where they could legally hunt...

Wy. F&G not DNR Lol !
I ended up moving here after hunting here 37 years in a row.
I know what you mean. What ticked me off was not letting non res. in wilderness. The state can keep you out of Federal lands ? Outfitter's have big pull here and for economy. Doesn't bother me now but it still isn't right.
You can camp or fish in Wilderness areas just not hunt! I agree is BS !!!

Hey New Here!!!

First I'm new and still feeling my way around!!! Got lucky and drew Wy Non Resident General Elk Tag with 2 points. Have a hunt booked with Rob at NTO. I see where it looks like LRH does group hunts with him. Any going in 22? Good luck to all, and glad to be a new member👍