Wyoming Outdoorsmen Need Your Help

LJW

Not trying to sabotage this section but this is the most viewed section on this forum. There is an animal rights group in Wyoming that goes by the name of Wyoming Untrapped that are trying to push through a petition to have Wyoming's trapping regulations changed. This might not seem like a very big deal to most but this is also the same group that tried to get the Wyoming Best of The Best Coyote Calling Contests shut down not so long ago. This isn't about changing regulations there main goal is to ban trapping, hunting and fishing in Wyoming and other states. This is just a way for them to get in and we all know it wont stop there. If any of you live in Wyoming or come here to hunt please send over a letter to our G & F commissioners expressing your concern and that you are against any trapping regulation changes. Wyoming Untrapped has a lot of people that have sent in letters but I know that sportsmen have more support then people realize. We need to show them just how much support we have. We have until tomorrow to get letters in. Here is a link on where to send letters.
Regards,
Laramie Wiginton
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/about-us/game-and-fish-commission

You can do a couple things. Email all to commissioners your letter or fill out that Microsoft word form and send it and your letter to [email protected]. I recommend both. Directions are at the top of the commission page. I went into the "Meet the Commissioners" page and took their emails from there. The commissioners are replying back and need more letters from the hunters and trappers. Its all about numbers on this deal.
Thanks

Things like this are no doubt being pushed by out of staters and maybe a few recent transplants who want to change Wyoming to be like where they came from.

Like they say "If you liked it that much back home- GO BACK!"

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Nobama, I couldn't get the word doc to work, either so mine will be direct email, as well.

Good luck to all!

They did the same thing in Montana in 2016. We had to vote to keep trapping legal on state and forest service land. Luckily we still out number the tree huggers, but it never should of made it that far. I will write a letter when I get off work. We are a family of sportsman and need to work together for the common good of our way of life regardless of which state we call home.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.