Wyoming Lope Trespass Fee?

flatwater bill

Anyone know of Wyoming antelope hunts where a moderate fee ($500) will get one access to private land? That would be nice, because it could be in a unit where a tag draw is possible because of a high percentage of private land. All public land areas are heavily oversubscribed. I have 3 pref points......good hunting, good luck in the controlled hunt applics................FWB

Wow fwb...nothing but crickets!

Good luck finding access...I too would like to find some place where I could get a shot at a Antelope.

Tagging in...

Yes, Capt............................perhaps asking for classified info............but application deadline approaching, so will have to make a choice..............may the odds be ever in my favor..................Bill

Guys, I'm bran new to the forum and yours is the first that I have read. I'm a little surprised at the access question.
I live in the SW corner of the state and the majority of the land here is BLM, railroad or school sections and are open to hunting for anyone. I have never heard of anyone having to pay a fee to hunt any of the animals listed and we have wonderful numbers of critters. I went fishing on the Fontenelle this very morning and witnessed no less than several dozen antelope all across my travels of 200 miles over and back. Several nice bucks within 100 yds.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or point out some of this area.

Guys, I'm bran new to the forum and yours is the first that I have read. I'm a little surprised at the access question.
I live in the SW corner of the state and the majority of the land here is BLM, railroad or school sections and are open to hunting for anyone. I have never heard of anyone having to pay a fee to hunt any of the animals listed and we have wonderful numbers of critters. I went fishing on the Fontenelle this very morning and witnessed no less than several dozen antelope all across my travels of 200 miles over and back. Several nice bucks within 100 yds.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or point out some of this area.

Resident vs non resident is very different in Wyoming! $500 is not going to get you much of anything in terms of access for a non resident! If you want to draw a tag in Wyoming for an out of state tag in an area with a lot of public its 3-7 preference points. If you are willing to pay for private land access a big antelope is easily had! But the entire eastern half of Wyoming will be huge dollars for just access. Most areas that are private are sub-leased to an outfitter!

The options are:
-deal with broken sections of public and private land
-pay $2500+ for private land
-accumulate 3-5+ points to draw for a good public land area.

It still wouldn' be a deal breaker for me to pay more...just need to know how much...and what hoops need to be jumped through to pull off a hunt.

I personally would prefer non-guided...even if the price is nearly the same.

Plan on $1500-3000. Nocking on doors works but most ranches are sub leased by outfitters. You can find some landowners who will take a smaller trespassing fee but they usually don't have a large enough area to consistently hold antelope.

Here in Texas at one time you could go to the feed store and ask around about ranches open to be leased.

I wonder if feed stores might be a possible source for finding a property available to hunt on?

Thanks guys for everyone that posted. Learned something. Found out it is about same for Wyom trespass fee as fully guided hunt in other some states. Am going the latter route, but it was worth a try...............good hunting to all...........FWB

Kenny..............thanks for the reply. I know you mean well, but the days of buying a tag and hunting on public land are coming to an end...................FWB

Kenny..............thanks for the reply. I know you mean well, but the days of buying a tag and hunting on public land are coming to an end...................FWB

That is really so false that I almost spit Pepsi all over my computer screen, LOL! These high trespass fees some are saying you have to pay to hunt private land are also way more than the going rate. This comes from a person that has hunted out in Wyoming since 1992 and every year since 1999 so I know what I'm talking about. 2 or 3 PPs can get you more than a decent unit to have a good hunt!

That is really so false that I almost spit Pepsi all over my computer screen, LOL! These high trespass fees some are saying you have to pay to hunt private land are also way more than the going rate. This comes from a person that has hunted out in Wyoming since 1992 and every year since 1999 so I know what I'm talking about. 2 or 3 PPs can get you more than a decent unit to have a good hunt!

i didnt understand that previous post either?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.