Wyoming is good !

Wind is your friend/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Snow in May though is kinda rude!
No worries.......it'll be 70 in a couple of days and the wind will be blowing again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Where abouts are you gona be in Wy?

5-5-07.jpg

5-05-07.jpg

Mike, thanks but what I'm hoping to accomplish (see the sub-forum description) is to have a forum to list specific spots.

Can you help us out as to ranges in Wyoming?

Otherwise, I hope you don't mind but I'll delete your post so we don't get too many more friendly but not really helpful posts here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good point Len!
I usualy just look at the Active Topics and did not notice you had added this sub forum...Good idea by the way!

Sorry Len ,

I'm not in wyoming -i'm in boise.

10-4 on the may snow mach v.

I do know some good places to shoot b/c i've moved four times since 2002 looking for a good place to live.

Pascagoula ,mississippi has a 1000yd range that is nice and inexpensive to shoot at.
Biloxi ,Ms. on hwy.67 has a 250yd. range.

There is a place near clarksville ,ohio -clinton county sportsmens club that has a 250 yd range -very nice people.

I'll try to find more details am post it..-Mike

Platte River Rod and Gun Club is a fine range to shoot at in Casper. I have belonged to it for 20 years. We can shoot out to 1400 yds and the range has 6 benches that are covered. The range is more of a plinking range but there is a pit at 600 for highpower matches. As a matter of fact just got my 1000 yd target frame up but the FREAKIN snow has moved in so i'll try this week after work.

There are several private indoor shooting ranges in the Cheyenne WY area but most are booked up for a year or two in advance.
I'm a member at the Otto Road Shooting Range. http://www.ottoroadshootingrange.com/home
It's an all outdoor range, though most of the benches are shaded, with a number of different distance ranges including a shotgun and 1000 yard range with a small building you can shoot out of.
It also has a Cowboy Action Shooting club and is on the Single Action Shooting Association competition circuit so once a year the range hosts the Hell On Wheels competition which, even if you're not competing, is a blast to watch.
Then there is the Laramie County Shooting Sports Complex where you can either purchase a membership or rent range time. I haven't been out there myself but I've heard that it's pretty nice. https://www.laramiecounty.com/_departments/ShootingSportsComplex/index.aspx
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.