Wyoming Elk License Draw Results

Dirty Steve

Draw results are now available on the Wyoming Game and Fish page. No luck this year. For whatever reason, we can only draw every other year. Oh well, looks like a it's time to write a check to New Mexico now to see if we can draw there this year.

Good luck to the rest of you who applied.

It has made absolutely no difference over the years which tag we put in for price wise. We always apply for a GEN tag. One year we put in for the high dollar and don't draw. The next year we go cheap, and draw. The next year we go cheap and don't draw, etc.....It has continued in this "every other year" pattern for us for the last 12 years.

We hunt in units 81 and 83 up Cottonwood Creek and all the side drainages and north up Fish Creek and all the side drainages to and beyond Purdy Basin. We also have hunted over along Spread Creek up to Mt. Leidy.

We have been lucky enough to draw 4 moose tags in that time frame and kill 4 moose. Elk, however seems like an every other year deal.

The draw results are through a link on the hunting portion of the web page. You follow the link and then type in name, zip code and birthday. It then tells you if you were sucessful in the draw or not.

I know where the Triangle X is, but that's not where we go in. We take the road up along the Gros Ventre River past Slide Lake all of the way to the end. I have gone in up Ditch Creek before and straight up Spread Creek as well.

The temporary stone quarry operation they had up Spread Creek for years screwed that area up. It used to be a dirt 2 track behind a gate. One of those that you weren't sure if you could legally be on or not. Now its a 40' wide gravel road. You could drive a 50' long motorhome up there now.

thanks, didn't make it again this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i guess i have 2 pref points for next year.

Yep, point obtained. I now have 5 points towards a moose tag and have been looking at areas in anticipation of obtaining a tag next year.

The moose population is definatively not what it once was in the area we usually hunt, thanks to the genius who decided to reintroduce wolves to Yellowstone, so I have decided to look elsewhere.

Dirty Steve,

Put in for area 1 above Sheridan or area 34 above Buffalo and I'll take ya if you draw a Moose tag....

I know all the hidey holes..... got 11 sheds this season... couple of whoppers !!

I have put in for 18 years and not one tag !! Good luck

I will look into those areas and see what the harvest reports have to say.

I can't believe you have not drawn in 18 years. My hunting partner has drawn 3 moose tags in 16 years. He is probably the luckiest person at drawing tags I have ever seen. He drew a bighorn sheep and moose tag in the same year, the first year he applied with zero points for either tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.