Wyoming Elk Hunt Guide Needed

kirby757

Hi Folks
Does any one have a good guide service in the Cody Wy.area or even else were?
This would be a rifle hunt.
Thanks Much
Bruce

Never had a trip with either bow or rifle that I have not either taken an animal or had at least one opportunity... I am picky on what I shoot. If you just want to shoot any elk, chances are very very good. Hunting is hunting though and there are no gaurantee.

Hidden Creek Outitters (Bill Perry). I have hunted with him at least a half dozen times...great outfitter.

Hi Rick,
I am unable to send you a pm/start a conversation, so will just lay it out here. Out of the camps that Hidden Creek has, which is your favorite? Any advice to someone going hunting with them who has never been on an elk hunt?

Hi Rick,
I am unable to send you a pm/start a conversation, so will just lay it out here. Out of the camps that Hidden Creek has, which is your favorite? Any advice to someone going hunting with them who has never been on an elk hunt?

All are great camps, however Hidden Creek is my favorite for archery and Teton for rifle.

Don't know when your going, but getting in shape is highly recommended. There is nothing you can do about the altitude so it will kick your butt.

Don't over pack. All you will need is a couple of changes of clothes and make sure those are not cotton. I only use synthetic stuff. Oh, good boots that are BROKEN before the hunt and good rainwear.

The horse back trip is long and grueling and there is really nothing you can do to prepare. So, you will just have to bare it.

Speaking about bears, be on alert always because they are there and you will probably have some kind of encounter with them at some point.

Bill runs a great operation and I am sure you will have a hunt of a lifetime. Good luck.

If you've got the points, the later hunts north of Cody are better than any of the Thorofare hunts. I'd also hunt with Trails West in 61 over the Thorofare.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.