Wyoming Duel hunt what do u think

Razor1945

I have a couple points for Ant. 3 plus I can buy 1, I am putting in for Unit 90 and trying to get Area H for Deer, two guys one UTV (Ranger) what will I encounter in these two units, trying to do a 2 week combo. You guys from Wyoming should know if we have a chance of getting this done. Any help would be greatly appricated. Thanks in Advance Ray

I would strongly suggest you rethink your entire plan! Unit 90 for antelope is divided into Type 1 and Type 2 and Hwy 191 splits them. Last year it took 3 PPs for a 73.68% chance at getting a tag in Type 1 and it took the max of 4PPs to have only a 51.11% chance at drawing the Type 2 tag. Region H took 1 PP to draw a deer tag last year for sure and those with 0 PPs only had an 18.54% chance at a tag. If you are not aware of it, the PP you plan on buying this year is not good for the draw until 2012. Whatever you have now would go toward your first choice in the draw this year and if you don't have at least what I already mentioned you will more than likely not have a chance at drawing either tag.

Top Gun, I have 3 Points for Ant. and will put in for one with my appliacation and I have 1 for Deer, do I still have a chance, it looks like I might get them but with a draw its a crapshoot, I can do Unit 91 with a little more certantie, but may give it a shot if I get one would be worth the trip. Anyone else with info would still like to hear from you, and thanks again Top Gun......Ray

Putting in for unit 91 with your 3 PPs would be the best way to do it as those with more than 2 PPs got a tag last year and those with 2 PPs had a 28.76% chance at drawing one. If you put in for unit 91 as your first choice for antelope and Region H with your 1 PP as your first choice for deer, you will probably get both tags. Good luck!!!

I live really close and my family has land in all three areas that you asked about and I get a choice of each one for a landowners tag. I always get 90 type 2. Pm me your info and we can talk about your hunting options.

Yea Big Al if you could PM me some options, but in the mean time have a question if I have 3 Points and if I buy a point with my appliacation would
that give me 4 Points or not, or does the point I buy go to next year? Or am
I wasting my money buying a point when the Tag I'm buying is not needed
to get the tag? I just haven't fiqured this out yet, any help would be great
I don't know anything about unit 90 or 91 as far as population of animals is
but I would like to hunt where there is public land and I can use a UTV. Still
asking questions and sure love this site and all the people that have been so
quick with answers. Thanks in advance again, Ray

Ray---If you will go back to my initial post, I already covered your question. When you buy a PP it is not good until the drawing the following year, so what ever you have now is what you will be entered into the 2011 draw with. If you apply for a unit that needs 3 or less PPs there is no sense in sending them PP money. If you do buy a PP in the drawing this year and draw your first choice, they will just send back that PP money for that PP anyway because you cannot buy a PP and draw a first choice tag in the same calendar year.

Last edited:
Thanks Top Gun for spelling that out for me, sometimes when you get old you get dense, so your right Unit 90 will not happen so will probably do 91 like you suggested. Still a little nervious about H will Party and only have 1 point between us, so time will tell or maybe should do it individual and if my son dosn't draw he can spot. Guys I really appricate the info and feel a lot more confidense in putting in and possible getting the tags.....Thanks again....

Question for you Razor1945---When you are talking the PP situation for deer in Region H, do you all have 1 PP or just you? If you all have 1 PP, I would apply as a party so you all either draw or all get your money back. That is unless you would all want to put in separately and be satisfied if you don't all draw. That way maybe at least one would draw a tag and the others would either stay and help for the fun of it or head home early and let the guy with the tag hunt by himself. That really needs to be discussed and decided by all parties that intend to go on the hunt so the application process can be done correctly and keeps everyone happy!

Topgun finally put in for Tags, Party for Antelope for unit 91, and Deer for Region H, heres hoping we get them if not should get 91 for sure. Will be fun to see some new country and will post how it comes out exp the getting of the tags and the hunt itself......Thanks again for all that posted....

Good luck! I have a feeling that with the gas prices soaring that there will be more than a few people who wiill stay home this year just because of that.

Top Gun you only get so many years to do this if the price of gas stops you one year then something else will come up next year pretty soon your out of time....I feel sorry for the people that put stuff off toooo long. Live today like its
your last cause it could be.........Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts