Wyoming changes caliber laws !!

DRT makes some pretty sweet .223 ammo and its even lead free, not that I like lead free I just live in a cracked out state the requires it. The images on their terminal impact is pretty amazing. Friends of mine are sponcered shooter with them and they swear by them for pigs. They turn the vitals into soup upon impact.

Www.drtammo.com

Worth a look.

Cheers

Tony

Here in Florida I have had good results on deer with Sierra 65 gr Game Kings. These deer aren't much bigger than antelope. But I've never shot one over 50 yrds

The 62 gr TSX. 70 gr TSX , 60 gr N.P. 64 gr Power Points, 65 gr Game Kings and 75 gr Sirocco's. The only problem is u need a 8" twist in the 223 to stabilize the 70 +75 gr bullets and a 7" would be better.

Ordered a box of Swift sciroccos in 75 grns tonight hoping they will shoot as good as the 75 gn Amax outa my 22-243. Looking forward to laying down an antelope with the small bore this year!:)

Does anyone have any experience the Scirocco and the 22-243?

Ordered a box of Swift sciroccos in 75 grns tonight hoping they will shoot as good as the 75 gn Amax outa my 22-243. Looking forward to laying down an antelope with the small bore this year!:)

Does anyone have any experience the Scirocco and the 22-243?

Outa a 22-43 I'd just shoot the amax. It'd work good on a prairie maggot :)!

Did you all see that legislation the Rep from Wyo is trying to pass that negates any laws Obama tries to pass? I wonder what all happened to that?

The senate killed it. They are pulling Obama tactics out and saying they killed it because the gun lobby was threating them and some emails of death threats. Law enforcement says nothing was given to them as far as death threats.

In reality Gov Mead had already hinted at a veto his lap dogs sat on the bill in the senate till it expired.

Curious as to why they limit cartridge length to two inches...does that mean I can't use my lever action 454 Casull because the cartridge is less than min length? Last elk hunt I was in the thick stuff and a long shot would have been 60 yards so I said next time I will use my lever action. Guess I would be in violation in WY so back to the 338.

For all big and trophy game species, legal firearms also include any cartridge of at least .35 caliber and at least 1.5 inches in overall length, or a cartridge that generally delivers 500 foot-pounds of impact at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts