Wyoming Buck

freddogs

Got back from Wyoming last week. I hunted area 15. Although I like to read the Long range hunting posts I'm not a real long range hunter.
DSCF0204.JPG

I took a 252 yard shot with my Ruger American Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I use 120 grain TSX Barnes bullets.
I was hunting with an outfitter and my hunting partner was after a cow elk. Cow elk are harder to get and we spent most of our time looking for one. All I had was an antelope tag.
The next day we concentrated on elk. After a long stalk my hunting partner Elaine and the guide got close enough for a shot. Eliane used the guide's Gunworks rifle in 7 Mag. to make a 585 yard shot on a cow. I was impressed. We are both over 70. I didn't see the shot cause I was sitting back in the truck. I'm glad she got her elk and I didn't have to help drag it.

Got back from Wyoming last week. I hunted area 15. Although I like to read the Long range hunting posts I'm not a real long range hunter.View attachment 402371
I took a 252 yard shot with my Ruger American Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I use 120 grain TSX Barnes bullets.
I was hunting with an outfitter and my hunting partner was after a cow elk. Cow elk are harder to get and we spent most of our time looking for one. All I had was an antelope tag.
The next day we concentrated on elk. After a long stalk my hunting partner Elaine and the guide got close enough for a shot. Eliane used the guide's Gunworks rifle in 7 Mag. to make a 585 yard shot on a cow. I was impressed. We are both over 70. I didn't see the shot cause I was sitting back in the truck. I'm glad she got her elk and I didn't have to help drag it.
Great story with harvesting some nice animals and very glad to see both of you hunting together at the young age of 70. Jill and I wish you guys many more hunting trips together.
We wish that we could get out and do some more hunting trips like both of you!!!!
Len & Jill