Wyoming Arms suppressors

CForest

Looking at buying my first suppressor. It will be primarily used on hunting rifles and thinking of building a 300wsm just for it. Wanting something pretty short and compact and not worried about being extremely quiet. Recoil relief and no need for hearing protection in the field are my main goals, while still being a reasonable overall size for packing in elk country.
I came across Wyoming Arms suppressors, they make both 4&5" cans and the titanium version weighs a mere 4 & 5oz respectively.

Anyone run them???

I looked up their web site not much info. No warranty? Nothing on how quiet it is.All they say is it is lightweight and not very quiet. So this is my opinion from the couple of minutes I spent looking into this suppressor.
I"m going to say it again this is only my opinion from the very little info I was able to find.
There is no way I would spend $650 +$200 tax stamp on a so called suppressor that claims to do nothing.
You can buy a suppressor from a bunch of different reputable manufactures that actually make the shot hearing safe or very close to that.
These suppressors may be a little heavier but the extra weight could be dealt with some other way over the course of your build. "examples a lighter stock slightly smaller profile barrel ect."
If you are going to spend the money on a suppressor, wait the year it takes to get it, build a rifle around it, why not get a suppressor that is proven to do what it is supposed to do?

I hear what you're saying and that's why I made the post to see if they just suck at marketing and guys have had success with them, or it is what it is and thus why there isn't much info out there on them. I've always been a bang for the buck guy so don't need premiuim but certainly dont want a piece of junk for that kind of money.
Looks like the tbac ultra 5 would be an easy choice although expensive.
Any other suggestions to consider???

I haven't used one. I would suggest you do yourself a favor and get a Thunderbeast. The Ultra 7 would be great for you. I have an Ultra 9 and it is freaking amazing!
Think the ultra 7 would be worth 2 more inches over the ultra 5??

I try not to buy into brand hype.I like to try to get the best bang for my buck also. For that reason I have not bought into the thunderbeast hype. Although I know they are a great product.. I also know from experience that there are lots of other products that are available that are just as good {or better} and more available for a
A better price!

I try not to buy into brand hype.I like to try to get the best bang for my buck also. For that reason I have not bought into the thunderbeast hype. Although I know they are a great product.. I also know from experience that there are lots of other products that are available that are just as good {or better} and more available for a
A better price!
My ears are wide open haha. Definitely open to suggestions. Pm if you'd rather

when I bought my suppressor(s) I considered the fact that I was spending another $200 to get a fed tax stamp and it would, for all intents and purposes, be a lifetime purchase. Then I thought ok, divide the suppressor cost by 20 years to be on safe side. And only consider brands that will likely be around for 20 years.

Made the TBAC Ultra 7 an easy decision for me.

I have used other suppressors as well; I have a titanium .30 cal from Torrent that works well. The Thunderbeast Ultra 9 hits the same POI on two rifles as the rifles do without the can. The DB reduction is awesome too. If you are making an investment in a long range precision set up, Thunderbeast is the way to go. If you just want a blaster, there are many things that will work fine.
I do think the Thunderbeast 7 is worth it over the 5 as the 5 may not get the DB reduction you want.

I've shot one of the Wyoming Arms suppressors they are ok for what they are. I wouldn't call them ear safe but so suppress the sound. Comparing them to my 7" Thunderbeast, there is no comparison. I'll pack the extra weight and length for a true ear safe suppressor
Nice to hear some hands on experience really appreciate it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts