Wyoming area 32

Balkanhunter

My hunting partner and me just drew tag for us and our daughters for buck antelope in area 32. Girls are really excited. Looking for any pointers in this are. We have camped and spike camped for mule deer and elk so we have some hunting experience. Just haven't hunted this area.

My hunting partner and me just drew tag for us and our daughters for buck antelope in area 32. Girls are really excited. Looking for any pointers in this are. We have camped and spike camped for mule deer and elk so we have some hunting experience. Just haven't hunted this area.
Does your hunting partner happen to be 338 weatherby? If it is I promised to give him my folder of maps compiled for that area. I hunted 32 last year and camped in my pickup. I see you are from the Chisholm area. I live 5 miles from chisholm myself.i can mark my maps with antelope sightings & my campsite.
You will have a great hunt wish I had the points or would have applied there again.

Does your hunting partner happen to be 338 weatherby? If it is I promised to give him my folder of maps compiled for that area. I hunted 32 last year and camped in my pickup. I see you are from the Chisholm area. I live 5 miles from chisholm myself.i can mark my maps with antelope sightings & my campsite.
You will have a great hunt wish I had the points or would have applied there again.
After a good search I found the folder in the camper. Along with my printed maps I found some info on Natrona county 161 walk in area which was hard to retrieve last year. The walk-in-area and HMA INFO won't be available until about July 5 and applications for permission slips can be made around 7/6 and then printed from online off files. From what I saw last year was the muddy mountain hma was rather expansive with very dusty roads going into the interior of it. My whole camping experience last year was during dusty windy days. While fires were raging in the southeast corner of the state.
Hopefully I can get this folder to you or 338 soon so you can continue your preparation and "e'scouting" I use Google Earth to get an idea of what I'm getting into before I get started.
Congrats on the draw you won't be disappointed.

Easy hunt. Not known for big goats on public ground. Took a hit with our late spring storm that dumped 3' of snow. Show up a day or two before the season opens and you'll probably be done 30 minutes after first light...

My initial thoughts are to scout and hunt the SW area around Alcova and just move east along southern part of 32. Am I on the right track or should I be looking elsewhere?
I camped one night at alcova and then scouted south from there. A friend mentioned he had saw some good pipes west of chalk mountain I ended up camping east of chalk mountain when I found good numbers of pronghorns. My first day buck was average but not huge.

I have a homemade pickup camper.
It may be nice to be mobile in order to travel to other prescouted hot spots.
If you camped over by Alcova there are bathroom facilities there that your daughters may appreciate. I know my wife wouldn't go for it without. Also there re picnic tables and shelter from the wind.
I've heard fishing is great in the resovoir, but without a boat that looked a little hard to accomplish when I drove into the campground at "black beach". No power in that campground. There should be photos on Google Earth to view what it is.
The spot I camped was somewhat protected from west and northwest winds by Chalk mountain. I took some pictures and can send them if you divulge your phone number mine is 2189296013 texts are best
Randy

Last edited: