Wyoming Antelope

Ronin75

Anyone have any experience Antelope hunting near and around Glenrock Wyoming. A friend and I might head out this year to try our luck. I was wondering what the public access is like out there and game quality. Thanks for any info

Use the hunt planner on WYGF website. It's highly interactive and you can turn on game management units, land ownership, etc.

Anyone have any experience Antelope hunting near and around Glenrock Wyoming. A friend and I might head out this year to try our luck. I was wondering what the public access is like out there and game quality. Thanks for any info

Saw tons of antelope last fall around Glenrock. We hunted west of Casper about 45 minutes though.

We came in to Glenrock from the south out of Cheyenne. Didn't see many antelope till we were an hour or so North of Cheyenne. From there on our past Casper they were everywhere.

I might have private property access near Glenrock, are the antelope numbers good on private property. I going into this for the first time

Private ranches are usually always good because they control who and how many hunt on the land. You'll need to find out what antelope unit that ranch is in because it's not 100% to draw a tag without having at least 1 preference point in unit 25 or unit 26, and it takes 3 points for a 100% draw in unit 29 and 30 down there. The only sure bet without points would be if the ranch is in unit 29 and you apply for a Type 2 tag that is only good on private land in that unit. Those tags are a 100% draw with no points since you have to have a ranch to hunt on to use those tags. Hope that helps a little!

Thank you very much I need to call fish and game to get the exact unit. U have been a great help thank you

Thank you very much I need to call fish and game to get the exact unit. U have been a great help thank you

The unit maps should show you the general area. If you need exact locations there are also unit by unit descriptions in the regulations. They will typically lay out the boundaries based on roads, rivers, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts