Wyoming Antelope

Greyfox

Shot this guy a few weeks ago in the foothills of the Bighorns. Found him bedded tightly in the sage, facing me at 460 yards. Interestly I wasn't able to get a range on him due to interference from the sage with my Leica Geovids but got an accurate read using my G7 Rangefinder with the near/far feature. After watching him for over an hour waiting for him to get up it appeared he was going to hold tight. My only shot was about a 10 inch opening in the sage to place my 140 gr Berger from my 6.5x284 into the left front chest/shoulder pocket. Wind correction was a 7 mph full value for 1.5 moa correction. Got him, didnt move.

Attachments

• DSC00210.jpg
    DSC00210.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 87
Congratulations! I miss pronghorn hunting. I will put in for WY next year.

Nice looking rifle too. Who put it together?

It's a Cooper 520.from BOTW, a gift from my wife for my 60th birthday a couple of years ago. It's an incredible shooter!

I remember talking to them about that after Aaron left. IIRC, they related to me that the ammunition maker (HSM)? was right across the road from Cooper. They requested the 2 companies get together and "make a quarter minute combo."

Does Cooper make their own barrels? Or is that a handlapped tube from one of the big makers?

I remember talking to them about that after Aaron left. IIRC, they related to me that the ammunition maker (HSM)? was right across the road from Cooper. They requested the 2 companies get together and "make a quarter minute combo."

Does Cooper make their own barrels? Or is that a handlapped tube from one of the big makers?

The barrel is a custom produced by Wilson Arms, the company that acquired Cooper. The action is blue printed as well. If I do my part it is easily .25MOA, many times better with their loads or mine...if I'm on my game.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.