Wyoming 2020 draw odd figuration?

Backcountry_IDN

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted.

So I understand on how to look up last years odds, but is there a way to mathematically put together this years odds without seeing it?

Just doing a gen unit. Last year 2 points was like 27.2% chance or something. I thought I could buy a preference point on top of my application making me at 3 but I guess I couldn't so now I'm hoping to draw. Have a college buddy in Wyoming going to take me to his spot if I do draw.

3 points will get you a GEN tag most of the time. Best bet is to find a buddy with 4 points and see if they wanna hunt.

good luck to you though.
Thanks man. I just decided to throw in at 2. We will see. I'm sure low odds but maybe I'll get lucky. If not I'll go to Montana or buy a second elk in Idaho.

Really? I wouldn't think it caters to us. You should look at Idaho. They give out a ton of tags for NRs. They're shortening it next season.

With point creep its going to start taking 4 years to draw a tag. But maybe that'll help out the LE units. Who knows.

I've hunted Idaho since 2003. Some of my best hunts and some of my worst. I love the state, they are very kind to me though. I just had a hunt this past fall where unless you had a side by side or 4 wheeler you darned bear got ran off the trail. So many folks were prying gates open and just going around them it was nearly impossible to get away from people and that went the same for the elk.

I've hunted Idaho since 2003. Some of my best hunts and some of my worst. I love the state, they are very kind to me though. I just had a hunt this past fall where unless you had a side by side or 4 wheeler you darned bear got ran off the trail. So many folks were prying gates open and just going around them it was nearly impossible to get away from people and that went the same for the elk.
Oh man that's bad. Kinda the same where I hunt but a lot of public so no gates. Ton of people on wheelers. But I get away from them pretty easy. Pretty bad last year for us

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.