Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Won't work. Congress already established 12-13 years ago that wildlife regardless if its on private or public belongs exclusively to the state. Look it up. You could call yer guy Dementia Joe Biden and let him yer needing some help with wildlife welfare. Might work, who know's...

When Tony changed the end date of the season for the unit we preferred to hunt in Wyoming, it kinda killed our desire to apply there. We had found a funnel location for the deer migration and for almost every year we were drawn one or two of us would take a real nice public land buck. Well about 3 or 4 years ago Tony, the biologist for the area cut the last week of the season off to prohibit the take of these migrating herd bucks. When I saw him at the checkout station during an elk hunt, i stopped to talk to him had he specifically mentioned seeing my truck parked in a location that they knew the migrating bucks would come thru during the last week of the season - so they cancelled that week. As non - residents, we still needed several pref points to obtain that tag, but now we have to find another "choice" location. I know we will still try for this tag, but the pref point costs and the tag costs are getting out of hand for what is now a below average unit.

I've read every post in this wonderful thread😳

I have no dog in this fight except to tell a personal story that could have turned out much different if I would have looked at their Wisconsin out of state license plate and kept on driving.

Met some non-resident guys from Wisconsin on their first archery elk trip hunting for Arizona big bulls in 1996. I stopped in to see how they were doing and we got to BS'ing. I didn't have a tag, so I took one the guys out and called in a fairly nice bull that he ended up getting. (This particular guy was a complete ***).

I was up there for a week and took the other guys out, however, we were unsuccessful of getting them a bull, but they had a blast. I stayed in contact with these guys over the years and when one of them draws an AZ elk tag they call me and I go with them. (I draw an AZ tag about every 8-10 years)

They all have property in Wisconsin that I now hunt every few years and would consider them some of my best hunting friends. They have drawn Javelina tags in AZ and we go hunt those stinky pigs.
I still talk with them frequently and receive Christmas cards from them every year. I even received some nice condolence cards when my dad passed away.

Just something to think about when you see that out-of-state license plate. We have more in common than you think. ( I do realize this isn't how it typical ends)

Won't work. Congress already established 12-13 years ago that wildlife regardless if its on private or public belongs exclusively to the state. Look it up. You could call yer guy Dementia Joe Biden and let him yer needing some help with wildlife welfare. Might work, who know's...
Now that was below the belt sleepy Joe ain't our guy!!!!!

Congress is fluid and ever changing.

Recent Posts