No longer available

Pm me with what units you have for me to hunt in Wyoming. Could trade for a black bear or blacktail deer hunt in Oregon. Maybe others? Also what the trespass fee would be if we don't work out a trade. Anything for elk? I have 5 points for everything in Wyoming, 6 going into next year. Looking for myself and hunting partner.

Thanks

Since the hunts are on public land what are you offering in trade?
I know where to go. Example Vermejo Park, Ted's place the same elk feed on public land then cross the fence back into the park. Water Canyon Wildlife Management Unit, is public land but the Deer feed at the old apple orchard on private land. The Gila National Forest is great, if you know where to look.

I know where to go. Example Vermejo Park, Ted's place the same elk feed on public land then cross the fence back into the park. Water Canyon Wildlife Management Unit, is public land but the Deer feed at the old apple orchard on private land. The Gila National Forest is great, if you know where to look.
Cool, what are the chances of drawing a tag. They are pretty rare aren't they?

Cool, what are the chances of drawing a tag. They are pretty rare aren't they?
The draw is over for 2020, the left over tags will go on sale this summer, there is a chance of getting a Buck or Bull tag, but it may not be a good area. What is left over is mostly doe & cow tags, but if you need meat for the winter some of the Indian Reservations offer Cow tags in December & January.

Oh that is a long way to go for meat. I am looking for antlers and meat. What are the chances of shooting a buck over 180 or an elk over 300? Do you know what out of state tags cost and how many preference points it takes to draw the area you're talking about?

Oh that is a long way to go for meat. I am looking for antlers and meat. What are the chances of shooting a buck over 180 or an elk over 300? Do you know what out of state tags cost and how many preference points it takes to draw the area you're talking about?
New Mexico does not have a points systems for hunters, 84% of the tags are for residents, 10% for Guides and the reminder are for Non-Residents. There are also Land Owners Tags, most are sold to outfitters but some sell to Non-Residents for a "Do it yourself hunts. State Tags will be $787.00 for Bulls, just got my refund for the limited entry only four tags were issued for the area I wanted to hunt. State Tags for Deer will be $382.00, the far North Central part of the State for 180 or better. Limited Tags, the Jicarrla Indian Reservation is the best place for them near Dulce. Now down in the Boot Heel there are some record book Coues & Desert Mule Deer, tough hunting. 300 plus Bulls will be from North Central mostly private land to Mid & West Central large ranches to lots of public land. I think the best place is Acoma Indian Reservation near Grants, limited hunting and very well managed for big bulls. Take a look at what they offer. I prefer to hunt limited entry draw on some of the Indian Reservations , hard to get a tag but the bulls are great, I will find out next month if I get a tag, if not there will some left over tags in July. I used to hunt ducks & geese and still know of some places in Mississippi and Arkansas that have great numbers. Sometimes I go to Texas just to mix things up. I have met many hunters during my trips and I have gone to camp with some of them when I did not draw a tag just to see area and get to know them. I just enjoy hunting, and seeing game and helping some of the younger hunters tag out.
Good hunting this fall and I hope you have some photo's to post of your trip.

Ace

Attachments

• 123_1_3.jpeg
    123_1_3.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 156
Very curious as to what your really offering.
How many acres?
Chance of a 180 mulie?
Chance of a 80 plus goat?

I have a few options here...but I have no idea what you are actually offering

Very curious as to what your really offering.
How many acres?
Chance of a 180 mulie?
Chance of a 80 plus goat?

I have a few options here...but I have no idea what you are actually offering
180 mulie, yes I do know where they are, goats lots of them but may not make 80 plus. I offer the opportunity, I am not a guide and I usually hunt on public land. I can help you get a tag, depending what you are looking for and introduce you to others. I can help set up camp, cook (no one has died yet) and spot and stalk and if you tag out, help pack your game out. I enjoy meeting new hunters and building a foundation for the future. I hunt with some of the finest people and we gather in New Mexico and Texas to help each other and introduce new hunters to the field. I also travel to La, Ms & Ar for Waterfowl but not as much now and I have standing invitations for whitetail in Alabama.
I traveled with my job and met lot's of hunters along the way, now with the current state of affairs, it does not look like I will return to work. So I want hunt as much as my wallet will allow, and visit some places I have never been. I ask for nothing in return only that you help others and introduce as may people to the field as you can, we need new blood.
If you want to talk in detail sent a P.M. and we can discuss in detail what you are seeking.
Ace

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3051.png
    IMG_3051.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 165