No longer available

my post was intended for the OP "alpinehunter"

But I am curious about your post. So are you talking about NM or Texas or both?
It will depend on what you are looking for? I am putting together a hunt in New Mexico with some folks from Arizona & New Mexico. We are waiting on tags for Pronghorn, September, then fall turkey November follow by Bull Elk in November. So if everyone gets a tag, we will have 8 hunters in camp for each hunt. I have buddy on South Padre Island that like to hunt Exotic's near the King Ranch in South Texas, so that maybe next year. Two more buddies in Bridge City, Texas, big duck hunters and trout / red drum fishermen. I don't know if I will be able to squeeze in a hunt it January with them, but I am going to try. I also have a buddy in Alabama that wants me to come hunt whitetail with his family. I have met Elk hunters at Whittington Center, in Raton, New Mexico, Duck hunters in Greenville, Ms. and lot's of deer hunters from the southeast I have live in four different states and job required me to travel to the surrounding state's . I have decided to focus on Elk & Pronghorn for future hunts and If I can hunt other critters I will.

My bucket List:
Boone & Crockett Elk
Bison
Bear (Any Kind)
Caribou

I don't really have a feel for the type of hunts your talking about so I'll tell you a little bit about the type of hunt I'm looking for. Then you can tell me if they are the type of hunts that your putting together.
I've hunted goat in NM three times and elk last year.
Having killed over 15 goats in my life, I'm to the point where I am strickly a trophy hunter. My last goat scored 92 SCI. My last 4 all scored over 84 1/2 B&C.
The best goats in NM GENRALLY come off of private land.
I'm the same with Elk. I have passed on a minimum of 5 different 350 plus bulls in three different states (WY, AR, NM), in an effort to kill one over 380. When I say passed, these are all bulls that I could have killed. I've hunted some of the best trophy units in the west for a total of 24 days on those trophy units....still no 380 bull.
I've been applying for tags and building preference and/or bonus points in ALL of the western states that offer them. I've been doing this for over 20 years. I have as many as 21 points in some states for different species. Every year I apply for a minimum of 40 different tags in eight different states. I draw a tag about ever other year. Reminder, I am only applying for the best tags on the best units in the best states.

Last edited:
I am willing to trade a Wyo mule deer or antelope hunt for a hunt of another kind. Willing to trade up to three people both ways. If you are interested let me know.
Your not really providing any specifics on what your offering.
Is this private land. If so, how many acres of private? Is it basically all together or all spread out.
Are these archery, muzzleloader or rifle.
Realistic chance of a 180 mulie buck?
Realistic chance of a 80 plus goat?

Your not really providing any specifics on what your offering.
Is this private land. If so, how many acres of private? Is it basically all together or all spread out.
Are these archery, muzzleloader or rifle.
Realistic chance of a 180 mulie buck?
Realistic chance of a 80 plus goat?
Yes, you will have access to around 4,000 acres of private land that is connected and thousands of acres of public land. Muleys range from small to 150-160" around the ranch. You never know, there could be bigger ones that haven't been seen. The ranch hasn't been grazed by cows for over two years. It, also, only had one deer taken off of it in the last 4 years due to no one having enough points to draw. Antelope are fun to hunt but you won't find a "trophy". They are 10-13" tall. You could hunt the archery season or rifle and muzzle loader during the rifle season. The season dates for deer are Sept 1st - Sept 30th (archery) Oct 1st - Oct 21st (rifle) and antelope is Sept 1st - Sept 30th (archery) Oct 1st - Oct 15th (rifle).

I don't really have a feel for the type of hunts your talking about so I'll tell you a little bit about the type of hunt I'm looking for. Then you can tell me if they are the type of hunts that your putting together.
I've hunted goat in NM three times and elk last year.
Having killed over 15 goats in my life, I'm to the point where I am strickly a trophy hunter. My last goat scored 92 SCI. My last 4 all scored over 84 1/2 B&C.
The best goats in NM GENRALLY come off of private land.
I'm the same with Elk. I have passed on a minimum of 5 different 350 plus bulls in three different states (WY, AR, NM), in an effort to kill one over 380. When I say passed, these are all bulls that I could have killed. I've hunted some of the best trophy units in the west for a total of 24 days on those trophy units....still no 380 bull.
I've been applying for tags and building preference and/or bonus points in ALL of the western states that offer them. I've been doing this for over 20 years. I have as many as 21 points in some states for different species. Every year I apply for a minimum of 40 different tags in eight different states. I draw a tag about ever other year. Reminder, I am only applying for the best tags on the best units in the best states.
Good luck with your trophy quest and if I run across anyone with your requirements I will pass their information along.

Yes, you will have access to around 4,000 acres of private land that is connected and thousands of acres of public land. Muleys range from small to 150-160" around the ranch. You never know, there could be bigger ones that haven't been seen. The ranch hasn't been grazed by cows for over two years. It, also, only had one deer taken off of it in the last 4 years due to no one having enough points to draw. Antelope are fun to hunt but you won't find a "trophy". They are 10-13" tall. You could hunt the archery season or rifle and muzzle loader during the rifle season. The season dates for deer are Sept 1st - Sept 30th (archery) Oct 1st - Oct 21st (rifle) and antelope is Sept 1st - Sept 30th (archery) Oct 1st - Oct 15th (rifle).
I have max points in wy for deer. Would not want to spend them on 150 inch bucks

Private land - Axis / Whitetail / Hog / Rio Grande Turkey in Central TX. Our ranch is small but we have both sides of the river. Low fence, not a game ranch. Great bass & catfish fishing too. We can work something out for use of the house or bring your camper / rv, We have game processing room on site or good local Taxidermy. I am mainly interested in Western hunts for Antelope, deer and elk but let me know what is out there. I am currently planning on SE Montana hunt for 2021.

BTW - If you haven't eaten Axis yet....well, it'll spoil you!
Merry Christmas Y'all

Attachments

• 625712570.jpg
    625712570.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4209.jpg
    IMG_4209.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 625712990.jpg