WYO Bull Elk - HAMMERED .284 177s

Well done fellas!!!! Hope to get a few next week! I will have my son and my 13 year old granddaughter along on her first trip!
That's cool! I hope you all have great success! Enjoy your time with the kids!

Thanks! It's my favorite state to hunt. Quality experience all the way around, from the hospitality to the quality And quantities of game animals. I'll continue to support that state and the small businesses there without a doubt.
That's great ! You can't beat living in a free state with lots of different critters to hunt. Elk are an awesome animal and they are good eating as well. Hope you get to come back again . Have you got to hunt mulies or antelope here yet ?

That's great ! You can't beat living in a free state with lots of different critters to hunt. Elk are an awesome animal and they are good eating as well. Hope you get to come back again . Have you got to hunt mulies or antelope here yet ?
Yes sir I've managed 5 trips to your great state! first was a mtn lion hunt back in 2001, whitetail in 2016, antelope/cow elk in 2018, mule deer last year, and then this year. I was unsuccessful in a harvest of the lion but I'm hoping to still find the right person to take me.

I absolutely will be back!

Yes sir I've managed 5 trips to your great state! first was a mtn lion hunt back in 2001, whitetail in 2016, antelope/cow elk in 2018, mule deer last year, and then this year. I was unsuccessful in a harvest of the lion but I'm hoping to still find the right person to take me.

My only regret is not playing the sheep points game. I'm probably too old to start.

For anyone wondering (and those of you who asked) how we hunted elk this early with a rifle please study your regulation book unit 126 added raven creek drainage it was a change this past April at the meetings. It's a general elk season no archery started September 1st. Yes it's right on the boundary of the limited draw 123 unit we were 100% legal.

That's pretty good !

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.