Wyatt's mag box questions

Black Squirrel

I am looking to get a Wyatt's magazine box. My action is cut for a 3.910 box. I am looking to stay at that length.

It will be used with a ultramag based case (not sure if it will be a rum or nosler).

They have 3 options it seems:

CFE-12 Center feed design

MBE-3 Stagger feed, but specifically says ultra mags will need to remove the mag feed lips

MBE-2 Not much info is given, but says may need to remove the mag feed lips

Anyone used any of these?

Thanks

Scratch the MBE-2 off of your list. The other two are the correct ones for an Ultra mag size case. I have a CFE-12 and it works well on a Nosler length case and a 3.750" OAL. I did have to do some minor bending and shaping on the feed lips. I have never tried a MBE-3.

I think that's the trade off, the center feed feeds better and the side feed, mbe-3, holds one more round.

I'm leaning towards the center feed. Does it come with the follower? Do you use a stock long action spring?

Thanks

I comes with a flat follower of such poor quality I doubt it could get approval for a Cracker Jack prize. Someday I'm going to make one that I like. I am using a standard long action spring.

Thanks Edd.

One more for you. I talked to Defiance, and they said that the action isn't specifically cut for the Wyatt's 3.825 box.

The action is cut to 3.912, and the extension is cut from the rear of the mag well.

Do the Wyatt's boxes really measure 3.910? I don't want to do any machining to this action.

Thanks

Real close to 3.910". It's a bent piece of thin sheet metal, not a precision machined part.

I comes with a flat follower of such poor quality I doubt it could get approval for a Cracker Jack prize. Someday I'm going to make one that I like. I am using a standard long action spring.

Hi Edd,
It sounds like I'm going virtually exactly the same path as Black Squirrel. I'm wanting to build a custom rifle in .300 RUM, around a Defiance Action and use a Wyatts magazine box etc, so this post is of particular interest to me.

You mentioned about the cheap tin CFE-12 follower. Does the follower actually work well with no feeding problems?
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.