Wyatt's extended magazine in remington short action

CPerkins

Wyatt\'s extended magazine in remington short action

Guy fell through on the cash for my 284 lefty again!!!! I guess I'll just keep it. The gun is built on a Remington short action. For what I have read on this site, the magazine will limit the OAL that I can use. Longer bullets will need to be seated to a point where it will impact my case capasity. Is this all correct? If so can I have the extended box magizine installed on a wood stock to correct the problem. It shoots its *** off using 140 gr. Nosler BT but I'd rather use a different bullet.

Re: Wyatt\'s extended magazine in remington short action

The Wyatt's box will give you a little more breathing room but if your wanting to get into the heavier bullets like 168's and such then your still gonna have some bullet down in the case.
This is why I reccomend to anybody building a gun on the 284 case to use a long action if possible , they allow you to get all the good out of the case

Re: Wyatt\'s extended magazine in remington short action

Cody, My SA Rem 700 with an extended mag box lets me get out to around 2.950 and still eject & function. The 284 case runs out of steam with bullets over 150. I like the 140 the best. Try the Nosler Accubond since the BT shoots so good. Seating our slightly may give you a few extra fps depending on other factors. Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.