Wyatt's box

tayhot

I am building a 338 rum out of my old sendero. Is it worth it to put in a wyatt's mag box in it or should I leave the old one in it? Your thoughts?

The Wyatt box is a must have when switching to the RUM case. First, it has "windows" in the sides of the box to fit the larger RUM case and it is longer thanthe original box. I have them in all of my RUM rifles and would not have it any other way.

What about if the rifle started life as a 300 RUM, does it make sense to change to a wyatt box in that instance going from 300 rum to 338 rum and intending to use 250 and 300 gr smk?

Whether you use an extended magazine with a 300 RUM mostly depends mostly on whether you want to shoot heavy VLD bullets. As with so many factory cartridges VLD bullets were not considered when the SAAMI specs were set. The SAAMI OAL for the 300 RUM is 3.6 inches and so is the Rem 700 long action factory magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.