Wyatt CFE mag box milling pics

Blancoalex

Just ordered Wyatt's CFE mag box for Rem 700 SA BDL for 7MM SAUM. Does anyone have pics they can share of what needs to milled in bottom of action and factory BDL metal. And any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks found this pic.
CFE-5Fig1.jpg

I installed a Wyatts box in a short action with hand tools , and did a write up with pictures to go along with it . photo bucket is holding my pics for ransom , so I don't know how much help this will be . it worked out great , and functions well too . the mag box and bedding is part one .

Jimbries, if you still have your pics can you send a PM. I will read you write up too later today.

Thanks,

see that baby works horizontal too . LOL

P2101470.JPG

I do have some pics I'll post up for you to look at . hope these help . if you have any questions just ask , I'll try to help . Jim

all opening of the action goes towards the trigger , rearward . DO NOT cut towards the recoil lug , frontwards . mine worked out that I cut it through the small angled hole .you can still see the threads .
P2051434.JPG
P2131482.JPG
P2061458.JPG
P2061457.JPG
you'll need to modify the bolt stop . I screwed the bolt stop to a board to be able to hold it while I cut it .
P2051447.JPG

the small piece needs cut off yet .
P2051449.JPG
finished
P2051451.JPG
checking the bolt stop, to be sure it allows the bolt to travel far enough to pick up a round from the magazine .
P2061459.JPG

more pics .

these are the tools I used . cut it out , then polish it with emery cartridge rolls . just like porting and polishing a cylinder head .
P2061456.JPG
P2051445.JPG

I think that's it . if you have any questions , just ask . Jim

Thanks Jim for the pics. I am lucky to have mill available. My order should arrive this Friday. I hope to get time to work on it this weekend and try to remember to take pics and share.

Thanks Jim for the pics. I am lucky to have mill available. My order should arrive this Friday. I hope to get time to work on it this weekend and try to remember to take pics and share.

I use a 3/16 end mill and mill the back of the action rearward. Once I hit the target length I clean up the corners with a solid carbide 1/8" end mill at high speed. The Wyatt's boxes work great if they are machined correctly and the feed rails are addressed

For the PRC, RSAUM, WSM guys using SA Rem 700 as your base platform, have you seen the SA Mid Length kit from Wyatt's? His mid length kit allows for an OAL of 3.200 + and if it works/feeds as advertised, I'd think that would make for a pretty slick setup on a SA Rem 700.

For the PRC, RSAUM, WSM guys using SA Rem 700 as your base platform, have you seen the SA Mid Length kit from Wyatt's? His mid length kit allows for an OAL of 3.200 + and if it works/feeds as advertised, I'd think that would make for a pretty slick setup on a SA Rem 700.
I've watched the video.

I would not want one of the 3.200" conversions because I think the bolt will have a tendency to bind. I have a Surgeon 591 WSM action and a Surgeon 591 standard action. I can tell the difference between them. I think another .200" of bolt travel on the WSM would make me not like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.